We are accepting resumes for a Student Ministries Pastor (Ages 12-19) who can provide passionate, visionary leadership to students of diverse ethnicity in a metropolitan setting.
- Develop a ministry strategy that reflects BFWC's purpose of "Maturing in Christ; Reaching in Love."
- Implement a discipleship strategy that will help students become grounded in the Scriptures.
- Lead monthly Youth Services and weekly Small Group programs.
- Recruit, equip and mobilize a strong group of adult volunteers.
- Develop student leaders through mentorship.
- Attend and support student activities (sports, concerts, etc.).
- Work with area schools and be visible on the campuses where our students attend.
- Plan and oversee all youth activities (summer camp, retreats, mission trips, service projects, outreach events, outings, etc.)
- Various duties as part of the pastoral team.
- Weekly office hours (whatever it takes)
Qualities we are looking for...
- Obviously, an authentic, vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- A calling to minister to students and parents.
- Good people skills...able to connect relationally with students and adults.
- Self motivated, servant leader with a strong work ethic.
- Effective communicator of God's Word.
- Strong leadership...able to manage a large team of volunteers.
- Detail oriented with administration, budgets, assigned responsibilities.
- Creative and media savvy (graphics and video editing skills are a huge plus).
- Musical ability is a plus.
Current snapshot of BFWC's Youth Ministry...
Our Student Ministry is called 3one7. We currently meet on Wednesday nights for discipleship (small groups) during our Mid-Week service. In addition, our students meet once a month for a large youth service that showcases their talents (music, dance, drama, etc.).
Bethel Family Worship Center is a growing church located in Indianapolis, IN..., a metropolitan area; minutes from downtown. We are a diverse congregation that is progressive in terms of worship, outreach and mentorship. Potential candidates need to feel comfortable ministering in a larger city and be able to relate to an urban culture.
Applications should include resume, family photo, financial expectations, link to audio/video sample of preaching/teaching ministry (or mail a CD and/or DVD), along with a simple video recording (using an iPhone or others simple recording device) of the applicant introducing themselves, their spouse/children and a brief introduction to how they would approach reaching and retaining youth in a metropolitan setting.
Applicants are encouraged to follow detailed instructions concerning requested items and specific contact to firstname.lastname@example.org only.