Brookfield Lutheran Church
Posted on: March 10, 2015
1. Professes belief and faith in the doctrine and creeds of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
2. Accepts and supports the core beliefs, values, vision and mission of Brookfield Lutheran Church.
3. Models the lifestyle of seeking to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
4. Has a minimum of an undergraduate college/university degree (BA/BS), preferably in Business Administration, Management or a related business field.
5. Has a minimum of 5 years successful experience in a business management environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The successful candidate should possess, and be able to demonstrate the following attributes.
1. Task orientated and results driven.
2. Strong operational management, leadership and administrative skills.
3. Technological implementation experience
4. Change management process and practice understanding
5. Experience with financial reporting, budgeting and financial management
6. Strong_noemailmunication (oral and written),_noemailanizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Able to work as a strong team leader, with input from the senior pastor and Board of Directors
8. Actively participates in establishing and a_noemailplishing goals and objectives.
9. Excellent_noemailputer skills, familiar with Microsoft Office, Google applications and Quick Books.
10. Forward looking, able to anticipate and adapt as needs of the congregations and the position change.
11. Proven track record of implementing process improvements
12. Ability to manage through conflict
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director has authority and responsibility over all activities, to include, but not limited to, the following. Each functional area is represented by a Board of Director level Director; (Further described on attached sheets)
a. Facilities management
b. Vendor / contract management
c. Records Management
d. Purchasing, and procurement
e. Insurance, risk management and safety
a. Accounting/payroll functions
b. Board reporting
c. Tax and other_noemailpliance issues
3. HR / Office Administration
a. Office administration, scheduling and support
b. Human resources, staffing,_noemailpensation and benefit
c. Employment policies, procedures and benefits
d. Legal issues and_noemailpliance requirements
a. Information technology and systems
b. Operational and systems procedural documentation and support
c. Leverage technology to aid in business_noemailmunications
a. Maintain a regular presence in worship, programs and other congregational events
REPORTING/RELATIONSHIPS: The Executive Director reports to the Senior Pastor and Board of Directors and receives supervision, direction, support and evaluation from them. This is a senior executive level position, with voting Board of Director status. It is critical that a close, cooperative relationship be developed between this position and that of the Senior Pastor and Board of Directors, with a unified purpose of a_noemailplishing the mission of the congregation.