Primary Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide servant leadership, shepherding, care, and direction to the AEC Junior High and Senior High Ministries, engaging with volunteers, the youth of the congregation and community into becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, who love Jesus most.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor
Position Overview: The responsibilities of the Youth Pastor are varied and far reaching. The position calls for a man who is passionate about youth, grades 7 through 12, and is willing to invest their life introducing, and mentoring students in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This person must have a solid cultural understanding of youth today, and specific ideas on how to reach and minister to them. This person will require both administrative and leadership skills, able to recruit, train, and lead a team of youth and adult volunteers. This person will have a solid Biblical foundation, able to communicate both verbally and by example truth from God's Word, relating it to the mind and hearts of youth. This person will work at developing relationships with parents or guardians, enabling the home to be a vital place of Spiritual Growth. This person will focus approximately of 65% of their time involved in youth and youth activities, 25% of their time focused on parents and adult volunteers, and 10% of their time focused on other Pastoral responsibilities.
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt Employee
1. Born again relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated by a life of obedience to the precepts of the Bible.
2. A minimum of a B.S. Degree, with Biblical Studies included as part of the studies.
3. Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to both Junior High and Senior High youth and families, forming lasting relationships with youth.
4. Previous experience mentoring and discipling youth.
5. Communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Organizational skills, including the ability to plan, recruit, delegate, evaluate, and to follow through on details.
7. Endorse and support the AEC Constitution, Statement of Faith, and Vision Statement.
8. Is a Team player, willing to integrate youth ministries in the overall life of AEC.
9. Seeks excellence in every aspect of Youth Ministry.
10. Exemplifies life as a learner with a Servant Attitude.
11. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including time away from the Church leading ministry events such as a retreat.
1. Focus on Youth: (65%)
Develop, communicate, and implement a philosophy of Youth Ministry that is connected with and supportive of the overall AEC Church Ministry.
Plan and lead as appropriate weekly ministry gatherings and special events such as ministry trips, retreats, outreach activities, and short term mission opportunities.
Passionately teach God's Word in both small group and large group settings, allowing the Holy Spirit to convict, correct, and equip students to know Jesus, to grow spiritually and to live righteously.
Develop Christ honoring relationships that encourage all to feel welcomed and part of the Youth Ministry.
Encourage and connect teens to discipleship and mentoring opportunities and relationships.
Engage with teens in their life settings such as attendance at school events and home visitation.
Provide as appropriate pastoral care such as counseling and support for teens and their families.
Communicate clearly and consistently with leaders, parents, and teens the Youth Ministry schedules, goals, and expectations.
Develop ways to receive and gain input and evaluation from parents, leaders, and teens regarding different aspects of the Youth Ministry.
Develop, implement, and regularly evaluate Ministry Procedures and Youth Protection Policies.
2. Focus on Adults: (25%)
Recruit, oversee, and lead Ministry Teams that will assist in the planning and facilitating of the Youth Ministry.
Meet with Youth Leaders on a consistent basis for training, evaluation, fellowship and prayer.
Participate in the Student Ministry Board, providing guidance and direction.
Meet individually with leaders as appropriate for prayer, encouragement, and mutual edification.
Recruit and train adult small group leaders.
Develop relationships with parents, assisting them through training and encouragement on how to be Spiritual Leaders in the home.
3. Focus on Other Pastoral Responsibilities (10%)
Join weekly with the AEC Pastoral Team for prayer, encouragement, information, and accountability.
Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor.