Hope Lutheran Church is a vibrant, growing, spirit filled Lutheran congregation with roughly 1100 members in beautiful Farmington Hills, MI, a suburb of the Detroit metro area. Don't let the current ‘myth of Detroit' keep you away! It is true, there is much work to be done in the city of Detroit, but this is a great place to live and God is most certainly working in this place!
Hope celebrates that God has created us to be unique and that Jesus speaks to us in different ways. We are open to multiple types of worship, music styles, and perspectives. Our_noemailmunity of Faith embraces differences among all of God's children!
Like many congregations, Hope is seeking to share our understanding of the Gospel with an ever changing, dynamic, diverse, digital, and fast paced culture. How? We believe that worship, service, children-youth and family ministry, and small groups are all important, but it all begins with the ministry of hospitality. We may do great work for the sake of the gospel, but if people can't get past their first impression of our church family, then they will never have a chance to find out about the great work we do.
We are looking for an individual who can bring these concepts to life in our worship together. If you feel called to lead this type of congregation in its worship life, then we highly encourage you to apply. Please send the following to us at this email address: hopewma@gmail_noemail
1. Cover Letter stating why you feel called to apply
3. Video of you leading worship (if possible)
We ask that submissions be done by July 8th, 2015.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Responsibilities for Worship
1. This position oversees the Worship, Music and the Arts Ministry. To that end, they engage in building relationships with and walking along side each volunteer as a sister or brother in Christ.
2. Demonstrate and articulate an appreciation for a variety of Christ-centered worship styles including, but not limited to: "Band Led" Praise, Lutheran liturgy, and non-liturgical forms of worship, Taize, etc.
3. Plan and develop the traditional, blended and contemporary worship experience as well as other special music and arts programs in the congregation, including the development of weekly and special worship bulletins. The worship experience includes all aspects of worship: auditory, musical, visual, prayers,_noemailmunion, and offering.
4. Responsible for the energy and creativity of the worship experience.
5. Oversee, train, schedule, and supervise all paid worship related positions including paid positions (sound technician,_noemailanists, drummers, guitarists, etc)
6. Responsible for sound and visual technology and quality: To have enough working knowledge of Hope's technology to get the most out of the existing system.
7. Oversee and supervise the training of all volunteer worship support team positions. (Media shout and sound tech. volunteers, ushers,_noemailmunion table team, greeters and we_noemaile desk volunteers, space decoration team, etc).
8. Meet with the worship support team leaders and the worship support teams, as needed, in order to_noemailmunicate the vision of worship, music and the arts as well as needs for supporting these programs.
9. Recruit and facilitate the ongoing development of worship teams for all worship services, including vocalists and instrumentalists, who serve together on a regularly scheduled basis.
10. Schedule_noemailanists, keyboard/piano players and other vocalists or instrumentalists for weddings and funerals.
Responsibilities for Music and Arts
1.Support the development and implementation of ancillary non-weekly WMA groups (youth choirs, drama, liturgical dance, liturgical art, hand bells, etc), providing leadership and resources to other worship and music volunteers.
2.Oversee and supervise all volunteer directors of non-weekly scheduled groups (e.g. youth vocal choirs, drama, liturgical dance, hand bells, and liturgical arts leaders).
3.Facilitate the development of a recruitment_noemailwork that results in the identification and engagement of disciples with gifts in music and the arts.
Skills and Qualifications
1.Understands her/his ministry as a call to serve in the Christian church.
2.Demonstrated excellent relationship building, leadership and recruitment skills.
3.Demonstrated skill and_noemailpetence on either guitar or keyboard/piano (guitar preferable) and a working knowledge of other instruments used in worship (e.g._noemailan, drums, guitars, flute, etc.).
4.Significant experience planning worship for both weekly worship as well as holidays and special events (Christmas, Easter, etc).
5.Competency and experience leading bands, vocal corals and worship teams of all age groups.
6.An ability to work well with others and participate collegially with pastors, other staff members and congregational leaders and servants.
7.Knowledge of Lutheran theology, worship practices and appropriate use of music in worship.