Community Bible Church
Mt Vernon, IA
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: May 25, 2015
Community Bible Church (CBC) was founded in 1987 and is located near Mount Vernon, IA, approximately ten miles outside Cedar Rapids. CBC is an elder-led, nondenominational, evangelical church of approximately 150 people. Our motto is "Building up the body, reaching out to neighbors and nations", which reflects our reason to exist as a church, to Glorify God, to declare His glory among the nations and draw attention to God in all His greatness. As such, the gospel is precious to us and it is our conviction that believers must have a clear understanding and deep personal appreciation of the gospel in order to live in the goodness of His amazing grace.
We are seeking an experienced servant leader, with the passion and skill to provide the spiritual leadership needed to carry out CBC's mission and vision. This person will have pastoral experience_noemailmensurate with this job description and must relate well to all ages of people. He will also have strong_noemailmunication and leadership skills, the ability to clearly expound spiritual truth from the Scriptures (preach), a track record for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people for Christ, and a proven ability to motivate others to be a part of God's redemptive work.
The primary responsibility of the Family and Student Life Pastor is to, along with the elders, deacons and staff of CBC, carry out the church's purpose and vision. This pastor's particular area of influence will be to plan, coordinate and implement an integrated plan of ministry for Elementary through High School students, and also to care for the various needs of young adults and families with children. Specific attention to students who are in Jr. High and High School is expected, as this position will both coordinate and participate in Youth Group ministry. The following are some of the means to a_noemailplish these responsibilities:
1. Leading an effective ministry of preaching and teaching the Word of God with excellent_noemailmunication skills so as to motivate students and families to live out the Christ-centered life.
2. Actively engaging young people and families both in our church and in our_noemailmunity. Intentionally pursuing students on campus is a must.
3. Oversee and develop ministries related to the faithful stewardship of young people, working closely with volunteers who administer children's ministry, nursery activities, and JH and HS youth ministry.
4. Devoted to CBC – the local body of Christ, willing to learn while administering a gift of leadership, i.e. one who is a humble servant leader.
5. Works closely with the elder/deacon team to develop leadership for the church and church ministries.
6. Passionately pursues a team atmosphere/oneness, caring for other staff members/pastor(s) along with elders/deacons
1. The successful candidate must have a high view of scripture:
The Bible is the inspired Word of God
It is without error in the original manuscripts
It contains the total revelation of God to man
It is sufficient for counseling, training, teaching, and equipping followers of Christ
2. The primary qualifications for the position of a Pastor are those found in scripture for teacher or elder. (1 Tim. 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9) – we are seeking a married individual, preferably with children.
3. One who is in_noemailplete agreement with the CBC Constitution and Doctrinal Statements.
4. We prefer a seminary graduate, (MDIV or equivalent).
5. Has a minimum of 3-5 years of pastoral service including preaching/teaching.
6. Models the humility and servant attitude of Christ with a teachable spirit.
The salary and benefits for this position will be dependent on the experience and qualifications of the person to be hired. A general financial package will be made available prior to an interview. A specific financial package will be made available prior to an invitation to candidate.
Interested applicants should sent cover letter, resume and preaching samples to mvcbc.pastorsearch@gmail_noemail .