CALVARY EVANGELICAL CHURCH
Van Wert, Ohio
JOB DESCRIPTION: WORSHIP AND DISCIPLESHIP PASTOR
I. Basic Function
- Provide the opportunity for personal and corporate worship within the body of Christ at Calvary
- Maintain an active ministry for the reaching, teaching and discipling of people for Jesus Christ
- Encourage the growth of spiritually healthy believers by providing pastoral care and biblical teaching.
- A born-again believer, consecrated to the Lordship of Christ.
- A vibrant Christian experience and testimony.
- A call to the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Qualified for ministry leadership based on 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Evidence of a genuine love and understanding of people.
- Evidence of leadership,_noemailanizational and administrative abilities.
- Acceptance of and agreement with the church's statement of faith and constitution and by-laws.
- Commitment to the church's mission of winning and discipling people for Jesus Christ.
- Evidence of vocal and instrumental musical ability
- Have a basic knowledge of the sound, video, lighting and power point equipment
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college and licensed into the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Adequate training and experience in the field of pastoral ministry and worship leading.
- Personal integrity and moral purity with marital status in accord with biblical standards
- Develop and maintain a vital worship arts ministry- working closely with the Lead Pastor in music selection, the order of worship, and use of other worship activities
- Train and lead the worship team and the technical team
- Oversee and coordinate the sound, video, lighting and power point equipment and volunteers for worship services and church events
- Keeping current on worship ministry trends, programming and needs; seeking to integrate the Worship arts ministries into the total thrust and mission of the church
- Working closely with the Lead Pastor, develop and oversee the Music Ministry budget to present to the Elders
- Direct and participate in a visitation ministry for the church family, including home visits, Stretcher Bearers Ministry to shut-in visits, nursing home visits, etc.)
- Develop and incorporate a discipleship ministry by training leaders and mobilizing the church family to care for one another and help each other grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Develop and incorporate a ministry to help people get involved in the church and in ministry
- Assisting in special times of need of the church (hospital visitation, funerals, weddings)
- Giving assistance in areas of ministry as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Preach as requested by the Lead Pastor
- Engage in other pastoral ministries as needed
IV. Working Relationships
- Recognize that the Lead Pastor is the appointed head of the church staff;
- Work under the leadership and counsel of the Lead Pastor in planning, financing and implementing the worship, visitation, and discipleship ministries
- Earnestly seek unity and purpose as a co-laborer within the multi-staff personnel, to prayerfully support other members of the staff and their ministries, and to diligently labor together to a_noemailplish the purposes, goals and outreach of the church
- The Worship and Discipleship Pastor shall receive an annual review with the Lead Pastor to consider the progress of the ministry