Linwood Community Church is seeking a Youth Pastor to join our ministry on the south shore of New Jersey.
This person will provide overall leadership for the youth ministries of Linwood Community Church. The responsibilities of this position include developing, implementing, and coordinating ministries and programs designed to meet the spiritual needs of school aged children in Linwood Community Church and its surrounding areas.
An authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
A desire to equip young people to grow as fully-devoted disciples.
Strong student leadership/discipleship skills
Theologically consistent with Linwood Community Church's doctrinal statement
Graduate with at 4 year youth ministry major
3 years' experience preferred
Has good administrative and_noemailanizational skills.
A passion and giftedness to evangelize students
Be the primary youth leader for L.C.C.
Regularly attend L.C.C. worship services
Bible based teaching and preaching in all youth activities (Jr. High, Sr. High, Teen group)
He will establish open_noemailmunication with parents and build meaningful relationships to help strengthen family units
Recruit and train youth volunteers
Plan and implement special youth activities with an emphasis on reaching new students
Oversee our Anchor Club After School Tutoring Ministry
Attend church staff meetings and work cooperatively with Pastoral Staff team
Be available to counsel teens and their families as the need arises and seek to build mentoring relationships with them
(e.i. home visits, lunches, visiting schools, sporting and musical events, etc).
He will have day to day accountability to the Senior Pastor.
He will report monthly to the Deacons.
He will have a direct working relationship with the Sunday School Superintendent.
A. Respnsibilities in Youth Ministry
1. Senior High Youth: Grades 9-12
a. Coordinate the entire Senior High Youth Ministry with the goals of developing spiritual maturity and effective service for the Lord in students, youth workers, teachers, leaders, parents, and families in cooperation with the leadership team of the church.
b. Prepare all teaching, materials, training, outreach, social, and service activities with the Youth Group.
c. Carefully plan and balance all activities and retreats as agreed upon with the Pastor.
d. Carefully plan and balance all activities to meet the needs of the group.
This includes announcements to the students, parents, and congregation, and all necessary permission / insurance forms.
Develop quality personal relationship with individual young people
1. Spend time with individuals
2. Lay foundations for and look for opportunities for small group and one-to-one discipling, encouragement, and counseling.
3. Train and involve young people to assume responsibility as individuals and as members of teams in meetings and activities and for meeting needs within the group and the church as a whole.
4. Recruit, train, and involve interested adults as effective youth workers.
5. Meet regularly with:
a. Leadership Team – youth workers and core young people
b. Parents – to inform them of goals and plans and for input and involvement
c. Other youth workers in the church, i.e. Sunday School teachers, for coordination, sharing, and prayer
d. Youth Directors in other area churches – for sharing,_noemailparing notes and ideas, consideration of joint activities
2. Junior High Youth
a. Develop a well-balanced program in consultation and coordination with Junior High Leaders, Olympian Club Program, Sunday School teachers, the Pastor, and the Deacon Board
b. Recruit and develop a strong team of Junior High Youth workers to create and administer a total program and to build relationships for discipling and counseling
c. Oversee that service projects, outreach activities, socials, trips, and retreats are effectively planned and executed by adult leaders, youth leaders, and parents.
d. Meet regularly with:
1. Leadership Team- Adult workers, youth workers, and core young people
2. Parents – Inform them of goals and plans, and seek input and involvement
B. Responsibilities in Administration
1. Olympian Club Program – Assist the Program Director, and leadership of the Olympian Club Program in developing objectives and priorities, recruiting and training responsible leadership, reaching those in the church and the_noemailmunity not currently involved, following up new visitors and new believers and evaluating and improving the program.
2. Vacation Bible School Program – Assist the Program Director, and leadership of the Vacation Bible School (VBS) program in developing objectives and priorities, recruiting and training responsible leadership, reaching those in the church and the_noemailmunity not currently involved, following up new visitors and new believers and evaluating and improving the program.
3. Children’s Church and Sunday School - Assist the Church’s Sunday School Superintendent in planning, evaluating and implementing our children’s church ministry and teen Sunday school ministry. (both jr. high and senior high) Responsibilities will include curriculum planning, recruiting, scheduling and training volunteer teachers and leaders. The youth pastor should be ready to teach in any capacity as needs arise within the church.
4. Anchor Club Afterschool Ministry. -Assist the Program Director in planning and implementing an afterschool homework ministry for students from the local public schools. Responsibilities include working with public school administration to insure all required procedures are followed, program development, scheduling of volunteer staff, and improving the program.
Linwood Community Church linwoo_noemailmunitychurch_noemail
1838 Shore Road
Linwood NJ, 08221 609-927-2950
Include resume / letter of interest: ourlcc.bob@gmail_noemail