Areas of Primary Responsibility:
Youth and Children's Ministry
Evangelism and Community Outreach
Bachelors Degree in related field (Masters Degree preferred) with experience in pastoral ministry, especially with youth and children.
Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
Spiritual giftedness in evangelism and outreach, teaching and leadership, and calling to youth and children's ministry.
Self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Live out and model the mission statement of the Panama United Methodist Church (PUMC). "We seek to love the Lord God by introducing people to His Son Jesus Christ and helping these relationships to grow."
2. Develop and implement ways to reach out to youth, children, and families in our_noemailmunities.
3. Seek to integrate children and youth into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and_noemailplement other church ministries.
4. Oversee the PUMC Christian Education ministry so that it builds upon the youth and children's ministries.
5. Plan,_noemailanize and lead Youth meetings including Bible lessons.
6. Plan,_noemailanize and lead the Confirmation classes for middle school and high school students.
7. Develop, plan,_noemailanize, and lead Children's ministry meetings including Bible lessons.
8. Recruit, train, and resource volunteers to be regularly involved in youth and children's ministry.
9. Develop youth leadership and encourage and help develop ministry by the youth to others (i.e., mission and service projects)
10. Organize and supervise creative spiritual development such as retreats, service projects, mission trips, and District and Conference events, etc.
11. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Encourage parents to be involved and partner with the youth and children's ministries.
12. Attend worship at PUMC.
13. Write a monthly newsletter article regarding the primary areas of responsibility.
14. Maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
15. Know and follow PUMC Safe Sanctuaries guidelines for all activities and events and help others maintain those guidelines.
16. Develop and present an annual spending plan proposal and maintain that throughout the fiscal year for primary areas of ministry responsibility.
17. Participate in the annual Panama UMC staff evaluation process and goal-setting.
18. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Arrive at least 1 hour prior to the beginning of any scheduled event or worship to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place.
2. Grow the Panama UMC and Panama Central School Impact ministries in meaningful ways.
3. Engage in weekly one-hour one-on-one mentoring meetings with the Lead Pastor for encouragement, direction, support, and challenge toward ministry goals.
4. Attend worship services, prayer and bible study, and special meetings.
5. Attend and report monthly to the Church Council for primary areas of ministry responsibility.
6. Stay current with youth and children's ministry practices and areas of primary responsibility by reading, attending ministry conferences, and_noemailworking with other pastors and ministry leaders.
7. Preach, lead worship, and teach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
Salary to be determined by Staff Parish Relations Committee in accordance with Panama United Methodist Church financial policy and procedure.
It is the desire of the Panama United Methodist Church to provide a flexible working environment for all employees with minimal supervision and to ensure all aspects of ministry are covered to provide a meaningful and spiritual worship experience.
Any and all concerns and questions regarding employment by the Panama United Methodist Church should be directed to any member of the SPRC.