Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
- Assist the Senior Pastor in leading the body of Christ, to include opportunities to preach, teach and equip the body of Christ across all demographics.
- Foster our value of authentic, relational ministry by investing in the community personally to better see God's will for our church and to expose us to the needs of the community.
- Oversee the Family, Children and Middle School Ministries
o Equip, Lead and Encourage a team of volunteers charged with nurturing and teaching children and students of Riversgate Church from birth through completion of 8th grade
o Design a curriculum that allows relational engagement of Christ to be experienced by students at various ages, accounting for the different smarts and gifts of students.
o Plan children and student events that (a) foster our values of service, (b) engage students in discipleship and (c) empower the families to better lead their families.
o Plan recurring and one-time events that support church members' ability to (a) strengthen marriages, (b) parent from a Biblical perspective, (c) equip their children to have a heart after Christ, (d) share life and faith effectively with neighbors, families and friends.
o Communicate with parents and families concerning all aspects of Family Ministry to maximize participation and volunteer opportunities for all church families.
o Coordinate with worship team to ensure an atmosphere of worship is present in all child, student and family ministries.
o Engage with the schools in our community to help mobilize our families to serve our children directly and those in the community by our presence on campus.
- Dotted line coordinating responsibilities with High School Pastor to bring a coherent teaching and calendar plan to our community of families.
- Potentially oversee the Women's and/or Men's Ministry as coordinated with Senior Pastor.