CrossWinds Church, EFCA
Category: Youth Ministry
Time Type: Full Time
- Provide leadership for the Middle School and Senior High Students on the CrossWinds Spirit Lake Campus
- Develop spiritual leadership in existing students challenging them to positions of leadership in student ministry programs and the rest of the church family.
- Work with student leaders to develop a plan of outreach to invite their friends to student ministry events where they can hear the gospel and be exposed to Christian community.
- Work with adult leaders to develop an annual student ministry plan that utilizes the wisdom and skill of adult volunteers.
- Foster spiritual growth in students through an annual ministry plan that includes the following:
- Solid biblical teaching that is primarily expository but also includes relevant topical teaching.
- Teach students to study their Bible on their own and provide continual encouragement in that direction.
- Guide students in a Scripture memory program so they commit God's Word to their heart.
- Teach students how to pray and provide opportunities for corporate and personal prayer in the student ministry.
- Teach students the importance of the church and why God made them a part of it.
- Help students discover and use their spiritual gifts in the student ministry and the rest of the church body.
- Create small groups lead by mature spiritual leaders who will mentor students members to spiritual maturity.
- Provide students times of authentic praise and worship in their gatherings.
- Prepare and present an annual student ministry budget. Adhere to the budget and steward the finances entrusted to the student ministry.
- Oversee budget requests from student and children's ministry areas.
- Organize and manage fund raising opportunities and use of funds that are raised (student ministry accounts).
- Oversee the Sunday morning CW Kids program insuring teachers are in place and theologically sound material is followed to mature children in their faith.
- Cultivate volunteer ministry leaders and directors.
- Provide Sunday morning presence and assistance in programs.
- Oversee the mid-week AWANA program.
- Oversee the Sunday morning Children's Church program.
- Oversee the nursery.
- Oversee VBS.
- Provide resources and guidance for children's and student ministries for other campuses and extension sites as requested by those sites.
- Fill the pulpit as requested.
- Provide premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals, as requested.
- Provide support, classes, and resources to help parents raise their children to passionately follow Christ.
CrossWinds Church was founded in 1949. We are one church with campuses in Spencer and Spirit Lake, IA that cooperate on mission, resources, and teaching. CrossWinds is a place where the Bible is taught, the gospel is proclaimed, and biblical community is fostered to help followers of Christ grow in their likeness to Him.
This is a full-time position. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Reports to the Executive Pastor.