Assistant Pastor - Part-Time/Full-time
The Assistant Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor in teaching and administration of the ministry at Living Hope Community Church of Silicon Valley.
Qualifications: The candidate should be a mature Christian and should have a clear sense of God’s call to ministry. The candidate should be professionally trained or is currently receiving training in ministry. The candidate should subscribe to the Baptist faith and Message.
• Exhibit a growing and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
• A pastoral heart and love for people
• Capable in Preaching and teaching God’s Word
• Received Theological training or is currently working towards a ministry degree in an Accredited Seminary.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Pastor will report and serve under the direction and supervision of the Senior Pastor
• Assist the Senior Pastor and Elders in the development and administration of the ministry of Living Hope. This includes assisting in developing and implementing ongoing goals and strategies for the spiritual formation of the church according to the direction and vision of the Living Hope.
• Preach and teach in the Worship Service and Life Bible Classes as assigned by the Senior Pastor
• Envision, recruit and equip volunteer workers to help develop the ministry.
• Assist the Senior Pastor in the recruitment, training, equipping, supervision and care of the leaders of the church.
• Perform general pastoral ministries of the church such as pastoral care, teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.
• Assist in other church ministries as needed.
• Attend Pastoral Staff and ministry meetings as needed.