Pastoral Characteristics - We desire an Assistant Pastor who has a deep passion for the Lord, His people and His word. This passion will be evident in an authentic Christian walk that is dedicated to personal growth so as to lead by word and example. The pastor's character will reflect that of an overseer/elder described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
We would especially value the following traits:
- An ability to effectively collaborate with a team of pastors and staff
- A passion to equip lay leaders to carry out the work of ministry
- A servant leader who exemplifies humility and the servant attitude of Christ
- A dedication to their family, exhibiting wisdom in balancing family and ministry
- Participation in consistent spiritual accountability with others
Music Responsibilities - The Assistant Pastor will lead the congregation in corporate celebration through music, word, symbols and other creative media. They will encourage both corporate and individual expressions of repentance, praise and thankfulness. They will share our conviction that worship flows from a community of committed Christ-followers who are actively serving others. They will embrace the diverse music preferences of the congregation, embracing both traditional and contemporary styles of music.
Musical skillset including:
- Ability to play an instrument commonly used in worship services (Piano, Guitar, etc.)
- Ability to read music in full score, chord sheet and lead sheet
- Experience leading worship teams with eclectic styles and participants of various ages
- Formal music education a plus
Administrative Responsibilities- They will also serve to oversee the daily facilities and office staff, working to collaborate with the various ministry areas under the supervision of the Senior Pastor as part of the leadership team. Additionally, they will be expected to manage several of the ongoing administrative applications/processes that are leveraged to ensure the success of the church, including the master calendar, website, and other avenues of church wide communication.
Additional Qualifications- The ideal candidate will have the following accomplishments and traits:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with preference for a Master's - degree in a field relevant to the position
- 3+ years of experience leading music on a weekly basis in a church setting
- Communication skills in various settings (one-to-one, groups, congregational) is a must