North Raleigh United Methodist Church
Posted on: March 13, 2020
This is a full-time position of at least 30 hours per week, working in concert with two other full-time staff musicians and a contract_noemailanist. An overview of duties includes:
1. A_noemailpanist for the 80-voice Chancel Choir, 14-voice auditioned chamber choir, 40-member seniors' choir, and 20-member contemporary band;
2. Oversight of the children and youth music ministries of the church (recruitment, occasional substitution, serving as a resource for volunteer leaders, etc.);
3. Coordination of special-music (soloists and small groups) for the 10:00 traditional service;
4. Coordination of_noemailanists (for Sunday-morning services, weddings, funerals, etc.).
Primary on-campus times include Sunday mornings and evenings, Wednesday mornings and Thursday evenings.
Interested parties should send a cover letter, resume, and a statement of faith to musicjobs@nrumc_noemail no later than April 15, 2020 (though applications will be considered as they are received).
General questions about the music ministry or this position may be addressed to Michael Glasgow at michaelg@nrumc_noemail or at the phone number in this listing (extension 105).
1. A strong identification with the Christian faith, and knowledge of liturgy and hymnody;
2. A Bachelor's degree or higher in music;
3. Working knowledge of music theory and form;
4. Extremely high proficiency as an accompanist, including open-score reading;
5. Appreciation for and experience in playing contemporary and traditional styles of worship music;
6. Basic conducting and leadership abilities to work with children, youth and adults;
7. Extraordinarily strong organization and communication skills.