About Calvary Community Church, Manteca, Ca
Calvary is a growing, non-denominational church in a city that is rapidly growing and within a 1-2 hour drive to Sacramento, San Francisco, the beach and Yosemite National Park. We are a church of 600 – 800 whose mission is to help people find and follow Jesus. We are theologically conservative, yet culturally relevant and modern in our worship style. We are a diverse group of people who grow as disciples in small groups and serve our community with passion. We regularly see people trust Jesus as Savior and look forward to connecting our growing city with the love of Jesus!
To lead, develop and multiply leaders, systems and processes that connect first-time guests,
newcomers and existing members into the life of the church to experience deeper community,
discipleship and ministry together.
* Model a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
* Support the mission, values, and statement of faith, including all policies and procedures of
* Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church's mission, core values and vision.
Carry out ministry assignments as requested.
* Be a team player and a collaborative team member on the church staff.
* Attend meetings in relation to job responsibilities.
1. Lead, oversee and give direction to the adult small groups (Life Groups), Bible studies and
other discipleship ministries. Train leaders and multiply groups.
2. Cultivate an effective assimilation pathway which connects newcomers into the life of the
church. Current ministries include: Guest follow-up, Discover Calvary and Growth Track
3. Equip, supervise and empower various "welcome teams" including: hospitality/ connections,
greeters, Calvary Café, ushers, security team, info table, etc.
4. Supervise women's and men's ministries.
5. Come alongside the unchurched and new believers to cultivate faith in Christ. Assist in baptizing new believers and those who have yet to be baptized.
6. Assist in special worship services and preaching as needed.
7. Build relationships with those in our congregation, church leadership and community.
8. Help guide people into discovering and using their gifts for ministry.
9. Share in the pastoral care and counseling ministries of Calvary including weddings and funerals.
10. Model servant-leadership inside and outside of the church.
11. Participate in worship services on a regular basis.
12. Oversee evangelistic ministries to help Calvary reach our community.
* Mature and growing follower of Jesus with a strong passion to invite others into connection and
community within the local church, its people and ministries.
* Outgoing, friendly, highly relational "people person" with a genuine faith that people gravitate
towards. Humble, teachable spirit with high emotional intelligence.
* Strong servant-leadership and communication skills.
* Previous ministry experience within the local church with teaching and leadership responsibilities.
* Self-motivated equipper, trainer, recruiter and builder of teams and groups.
* Proficient with online modes of communication including social media platforms.
* Minimum bachelor's degree in the field of ministry/Bible with 3-5 years ministry experience.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL THE FOLLOWING TO:
Your philosophy of ministry
Link to a sample of your teaching