* Attend church services and events regularly including holidays and weekends.
* Lead a team of volunteers in the development and growth of a strong small group ministry fostering community involvement and spiritual growth.
* Develop and maintain an effective coaching structure for span of care within the small group ministry.
* Improve and maintain Second Baytown's annual Small Group Ministry plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small group involvement.
* Implement regular team leader and small group participant recruitment methods and processes ensuring a healthy small groups growth rate over time.
* Study other churches/organizations/resources to monitor processes and best practices for implementation at Second and personal development.
* Plan and execute regular small group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between attraction environments and deepening environments (small groups).
* Function as overall leader of all small groups, coaching small group leaders in successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities. Providing pastoral care for groups leaders when needed.
* Foster a strong, active, growth and recruiting focused network of small group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church's small groups ministry.
* Work within Planning Center to enter data for groups. Responsible for maintaining and developing small group database and website content for groups and group member registration.
* Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small group leaders upon which to grow a strong small groups ministry.
* Create promotional materials and methods (social media) that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the small group's ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
* Identify, develop/write, and/or select small group curriculum and other small group study materials and tools. Oversee development and or write our Church-wide Spiritual Alignment Material. Approve Small Group material so that it is in line with churches doctrine, mission, and core values.
* Drive and coordinate periodic book series/corporate small group pushes (Fall/Spring Spiritual Journey) as part of the church's weekend service planning and design processes.
* Oversee Support Ministries, Celebrate Recovery, Grief Share, Divorce Care, and FPU Groups.
* Oversee volunteer leads of Women's Ministry, Men's Ministry, and Adult's 60+ Ministry.
* Function as a member of the church's pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
* Develop annual department budget and manage spending to budget.
* Fully engage and participate in the church's WCSI (Worship, Connect, Serve and Invest) ministry plan.