Camp Bethel is seeking an experienced Executive Director (ED) to provide Christ-centered leadership and accountability for all camp operations. Camp Bethel is dedicated to providing a unique, natural setting for personal, professional, and spiritual growth, as well as development and renewal.
The vision of Camp Bethel is expressed in the acronym of its name:
Build, Empower, Teach, Heal, Equip, Love.
For more than 60 years, Camp Bethel has served individuals and groups of all ages in the greater western Washington region. Churches, schools, organizations, and other groups seek the rustic setting of Camp Bethel for their events and activities, utilizing the various camp buildings and outdoor spaces situated across more than 160 acres.
SCOPE of RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director (ED) will apply the necessary skills and spiritual gifts to enrich and grow the program offerings at Camp Bethel. The ED is expected to be welcoming and hospitable to all guests at Camp Bethel. Primary duties will include communication, coordination, and facilitation of year-round retreats and rental groups; administration of Camp Bethel sponsored retreats and summer camps, as well as effective oversight of the day-to-day operations of the camp. The ED is expected to provide supervision and support for any full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff. The ED will prioritize the camp's fiscal health and outreach opportunities to the greater Grays Harbor community, regional church communities, and other faith-based organizations. The ED will also serve as an integral part of the branding and social media profile of Camp Bethel.
The Executive Director is expected to live on site in camp-provided housing. The weekly work schedule is driven by the needs of the camp which vary seasonally. While a regular work schedule can be maintained at most times, the EDís schedule may range from 6 or 7 days/week during peak periods and may be
flexed to 3 or 4 days/week during non-peak periods.
The candidate must:
1. Possess, and be able to articulate, personal examples of a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Demonstrate servant leadership, integrity, effective interpersonal skills, financial responsibility, and emotional health and wellness.
3. Portray a strong commitment to uphold the principles and values of the Camp Bethel mission and vision statements.
4. Articulate experience and proficiency with a combination of business acumen, including but not limited to: fiscal planning, budgeting, vision casting, human resource management, group food preparation, guest services, and office procedures.
5. Develop and execute effective strategies for fundraising in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This may include the development and nurturing of new and established relationships with donors and other funding sources, as well as visiting churches and constituents for the purposes of fundraising and promoting the ongoing mission of the camp.
6. Communicate an effective marketing strategy to promote the mission of Camp Bethel.
7. Directly oversee, manage, and provide feedback to camp employees and volunteers in support of the day-to-day operations.
8. Demonstrate sufficient experience and knowledge of various software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and computer technologies to support modern office information technologies and processes.
9. Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish skills are helpful, but not required.
10.Display exceptional organizational skills, including but not limited to maintaining consistent records as demanded by county, state, and federal laws and mandates.
11.Evaluate on-going operational needs to set priorities and plan short and long term work accordingly.
12.Agree to the need for work scheduling flexibility and be available to fill in when needed in other departments of the camp.
13.Be able to: physically lift 30 lb. and carry at least 10 ft.; place a 20 lb. item at least two feet overhead; and bend, reach, and stand for extended periods of time.
14.Possess an accredited college degree or comparable experience.
15.Have a minimum of 3 years management level experience in Christian camping or comparable work experience.
16.Show proof of valid state-issued driverís license and legal authorization to work in the United States.