Westwood Lutheran Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Part Time
Worship Band Leader (avg. 10-12 hours per week)
The worship band currently rehearses on Thursday evenings and leads weekly worship on Sunday mornings from 10:45 11:45am, as well as special services throughout the year. Desired skills and qualities of the worship band leader include:
- Strong musicianship with ability to lead an ensemble from either the piano (preferred) or guitar, and voice.
- A heart for music ministry with a dedication to collaborating with talented volunteer singers and instrumentalists
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to coordinate a roster of 20+ musicians
- Knowledge of, or interest in, diverse musical styles such as hymnody, global music, and contemporary Christian songs.
- A personal investment in a progressive community of faith striving to live amidst questions, serve the marginalized, and care for one another along the way.
- Creativity in planning music for worship that serves to illuminate the gospel
Wednesday Evening Worship/Youth Choir Accompanist (avg. 3 hours per week)
- Play piano or guitar for Wednesday evening family-oriented worship (6:00 6:30pm)
- Play piano or guitar for Wednesday evening elementary youth choirs occurring for 30 minutes directly before and after Wednesday evening worship.
Audio/Video Ministry (avg. 5-7 hours per week)
- Oversee a professional-grade audio system utilized in the sanctuary during Sunday morning worship (8:45am & 10:45am)
- Assist with educating and organizing a team of volunteers
- Manage a high-definition video system that currently live-streams Sunday morning worship on regional cable television.
More information about Westwood Lutheran Church, its faith values, and its music department can be found at www.westwoodlutheran.org. We offer competitive compensation based on the Association of Lutheran Church Musician guidelines. If interested in any or all of the above job descriptions, please send the following materials:
- A cover letter sharing which job duties you are interested in, and why you would be an ideal candidate
- An up-to-date resume or CV
- A list of three professional references