Youth Pastor Job Description:
Dallas Chinese Fellowship Church (DCFC) is searching for a youth pastor who has a passion
for leading and walking alongside middle school and high school students as well as their
families in their faith journeys with Jesus Christ. As the youth pastor, you will strive to
connect with predominantly Asian American students in order to teach, challenge, and
facilitate their walk with God, and to help cement their identity and purpose in Christ and His
ministry. The youth pastor will help students take ownership of their faith, and contextualize
the gospel so that students will be inspired to demonstrate and display God's love to others
in a meaningful way. As part of this mission, you will organize a safe and structured
environment that provides students the space to work out their faith in the context of their
families. Your objective is to nurture students in this safe space so that God can work in the
hearts of the youth at DCFC to be resilient in the face of temptation and to stand boldly in
their peer-pressure filled environments.
Youth/Family Job Responsibilities
1. Plan, coordinate, and provide oversight for all youth activities
2. Design curriculum for youth group, Sunday School, and events
3. Teach and lead youth group and youth events
4. Lead special events, mission trips, camps, retreats, and fellowships for students.
5. Regularly train, disciple, and develop young adults and college counselors (volunteers)
to lead, facilitate, and foster the growth of the youth in their spiritual maturity and love for
6. Equip and partner with parents so that they can walk alongside their students in their
pursuit of Christ
7. Develop a yearly budget for youth programs and ensure that proper procedures are
followed for all youth ministry expenses.
8. Attending and participating in weekly pastoral team meetings.