1. Love of children, youth, and their families.
2. A strong and active Christian faith.
3. Familiarity and comfort with (or a willingness to learn and respect) the core beliefs of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America which at its heart is the conviction that we are saved by grace through faith.
4. Previous experience and/or related experience with youth and family ministry (i.e. church work, outdoor ministry, campus ministry, or other relevant forms).
5. Must be at least 21 years of age.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
1. Organization, creativity, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and fearlessness.
2. Proven ability and enthusiasm to interact and communicate with children, youth and adults.
3. Willingness and ability to work independently as well as part of a team all with great self-awareness.
4. Ability to teach and mentor youth as future leaders in their own right.
5. Ability to recruit, coach, and collaborate with volunteers of all ages.