Qualifications and Skills
1. A sincere call to children's ministry
2. Profess Jesus Christ and be an active member of FUMCWG.
3. Bachelor's degree in related field, or three years experience as a director.
4. Experience in children's ministry.
5. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to lead a collaborative team of unpaid lay people.
7. Work in unison as a team with the paid staff.
8. Energetic, to lead a team of people and engage children
10. Computer skills in Microsoft Office and multiple social media platforms.
The Director of Children's Ministry is directly accountable to, supervised and guided by the Pastor. He/she also relates to the Staff Parish Relations Committee according to the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
The first three months will be a probationary period with required weekly communication with the Pastor. Annual evaluation will be conducted by the Pastor and/ or the Staff Parish Relations Committee and salary increases will be discussed at that time.