The Director of Student Ministry helps realize our vision by fostering the growth of students in Christlikeness through effective people and program development. This role reports to the Pastor of Discipleship and supervises the Student Ministry staff and volunteers. The initial priority for this position is to provide leadership for the Middle School Ministry through teaching, strategic planning, small group leadership, and the cultivation of volunteers.
People Development - 40%
* Lead the Student Ministry team. Recruit, develop, and disciple volunteer leaders and interns.
* Develop and cultivate discipleship relationships with believing students. Spend 1-1 time with them and help them grow in their sanctification.
* Intentionally pursue, develop, & nurture relationships with nonbelieving and unchurched students.
* Foster a community that is outward-facing and welcoming to all types of students.
* Help form a culture where students serve those in the ministry, as well as those outside in the surrounding community.
* Prioritize relationships with students' families and their role in students' growth & maturity.
Program Leadership and Development - 40%
* Cast vision and provide strategic leadership and direction for Student Ministry.
* Lead all long-term and short-term planning and programing efforts.
* Regularly evaluate the ministry's programs, infrastructure, and personnel and make appropriate changes.
* Lead the ministry's programing efforts, including:
-Student Sunday School
-Weekly Youth Group gathering
-Special Events, Retreats, Camps, & Missions Trips
* Provide overall leadership to the ministry's teaching and small group programs – including regularly teaching in these settings and leading small groups.
Communication Processes- 20%
* Maintain regular and effective communication with students, families, and volunteers.
* Coordinate with other GTCC ministries and staff to enhance fruitfulness and effectiveness.