We are searching for God's person to fill a full time role as our Lead Student Minister. This role reports directly to our Lead Pastor, and will be responsible for leading a team of two other student ministry staff who love the Lord and our students with a passion. The team members you'll work side by side with are motivated and fun people you will want to share life and ministry with. Current's culture provides the environment for leadership skills to be utilized and developed. You will be challenged and stretched to your God-given capacity, as your passion is sharpened and your potential maximized. If you don't have a passion for growing ministry through creativity and hard work, this isn't the job for you.
Applicants should be familiar with and eagerly accept Restoration Movement/Christian Church doctrine.
- Develop and facilitate creative, relevant, intentional, and age-appropriate worship and small group environments for students.
- Develop leaders (both adults and students) who invest in the student ministry at Current.
- Utilize Student Ministry as a platform to reach and connect with parents through communication, training, and other means.
- Preach and teach in a way that invites new students into a relationship with Jesus, and challenges everyone to grow deeper in their relationship with him.
- Plan, coordinate, and staff trips and events.
- Work with the Student Ministry team to vision cast for the future of student ministry and develop cohesive strategies for Junior High and High School.
- Interact periodically with 4th and 5th grade students to help provide a smooth transition into Junior High ministry.
- Maintain communication with students, parents and volunteers through social media and other means.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other ministries.