First Chinese Baptist Church, Los Angeles
Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
DELEGATED AUTHORITY: Direct the ministry team, Sunday School and fellowship to develop and implement plans that are consistent with the vision and direction of the church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide pastoral care for the Cantonese adults.
2. Teach and motivate the congregation to care, pray and develop deeper faith and trust in God.
3. Preach as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
4. Recruit, develop, equip, and train lay workers in discipleship, prayer, Bible study and personal evangelism.
5. Lead outreach and evangelistic efforts including but not limited to, fellowship meetings, visitations and evangelistic meetings.
6. Work with the Pastoral staff in development and care of the whole church.
7. Be available as needs arise, for prayer, personal counseling, visitation, crises, etc.
8. Attend pastoral staff, deacon, member, and prayer meetings.
9. Maintain regular working hours; be compliant with church policies and procedures.
10. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Calling and Commitment
a. Must be a born-again Christian
b. A confirmed calling by God into the gospel ministry
a. Be a godly example
i. Humble before the Lord and His people
iii. Teachable and accountable
iv. Pursues personal holiness
v. Passion for the lost in the community
3. Skills and Abilities
a. Possess good people skills as a shepherd
i. Handles problems and conflicts with sound discernment
ii. Works with individuals and groups as a team player
iii. Proactive in resolving issues and conflicts
iv. Personable, approachable, and available
v. Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
vi. Encouraging and supportive
b. Can share the Gospel clearly
c. Can teach the Bible effectively
d. Can lead effectively
i. Communicates and acts with integrity
ii. Initiates, organizes, leads, and delegates
e. Proficiency in written and verbal English and Cantonese a must. Ability to speak Mandarin desirable.
f. Flexibility to work in a different age group and cultures within FCBC.
g. Sensitivity to the needs of the Chinese communities.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: As a member of the pastoral staff this position will have daily contact with the church office staff including maintenance, administrative staff members and various elected/appointed committees, as well as frequent contact with lay workers. On many occasions, members of the pastoral staff will have contact with third parties on behalf of the church. In all instances, pastoral staff members must maintain a professional and spiritual decorum in all contacts and communications (both written and oral) with all parties.
* EDUCATION: Master's degree in Divinity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Ministerial experience in a North American church desirable.
2. Prior ministry experience a plus.
* SKILLS: teaching, coaching, leading and occasional preaching.
* CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: Ordination not required.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Be able to operate computer and standard office equipment.
* Must be able to drive to visit members and visitors as needed, as well as to attend various functions/events.
* Physically fit to perform duties normally expected of a pastor.
* The pastor is a member of the FCBCLA pastoral staff and is supervised by the Senior Pastor or his designated pastor.
This job description is subject to change by the church as the needs of the church and requirements of the job change.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com