The Pastor shall be:
* A deeply devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
* Passionate about the ministry of the local Church.
* Intentional about nurturing his/her own spiritual life through spiritual disciplines such as prayer, scripture study, meditation, etc.
* A student and teacher of God's Word.
* An individual who models a healthy balance of work, family life, & renewal
* An equipper of others for ministry
* Eligibility for denominational credentialing is preferred.
The Pastor is accountable first of all to Jesus Christ. The pastor reports to the Board and will be evaluated at least annually by the Church Board. The Pastor is an ex-officio (non-voting) member of all ministry committees and the Board.
Spiritual Vitality: The Pastor's primary role is spiritual leadership and that role will be lived out in multiple ways:
* Fostering a healthy spiritual environment in the Church that facilitates the spiritual growth of individuals and the congregation.
* Modeling a vibrant, growing, fruitful relationship with God
* Monitoring the spiritual condition of the congregation, and responding to needs and opportunities with teaching, ministries, and initiatives.
* Providing pastoral care of all individuals and families within the Church.
* Maintaining the highest level of integrity, always respecting confidentiality.
* Offering spiritual counsel and support as needed.
Teaching: The Pastor will regularly teach God's Word with clarity, passion, and relevance, and will strive to ensure effective, Biblical teaching at every level in the Church. This includes:
*Teaching in worship 45-48 weekends per year and during special worship services, including Easter, Advent, and Christmas.
* Working to create worship services that are integrated, and enable worshipers to engage God through worship.
* Teaching classes as needed.
* Encouraging and developing others within the Church who may feel called by God into some type of ministry, or who have demonstrated gifts for special service in the name of Jesus.
Leadership: Pastor & Board will work together in a playful spirit to discern God's will for the direction of the Church.
Other Duties: The Pastor will be responsible for the following duties, although it is understood that some of them may be delegated to Church members:
* Pastor & Congregation will remain flexible in terms of expectations and availability.
* Provide a weekly invitation for those seeking baptism through Christ or transfer of membership.
* Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, and other special services as requested.
* Provide pastoral care when requested, including pre-marital & pre-baptism counseling.
* Conduct or oversee visitation ministries to the sick, homebound, members and prospective members.
* Attend monthly Board meetings and provide a report of recent pastoral activity.
* Promote unity in the Body of Christ at the community level by developing relationships with other pastors and ministries/agencies in our local area.
* Regularly engage in continuing education so as to grow personally, and as the Pastor, adhere to the NMCC by-laws.
Greatest need for ministerial leadership: Biblical knowledge, evangelism, pastoral care & proclamation of the Word.