Messiah Baptist Church is seeking a full-time biblically qualified pastor to lead the congregation and fulfill our mission of spreading the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through the preaching and teaching of the word- to the end that souls might be saved and Christians might be edified in faith.
Messiah Baptist Church is a conservative traditional church located between Lanse and Kylertown, PA. The church was founded in 1848 and has been in operation since that time. We currently have 35 members and an average of 50 weekly attendees.
The church desires to be a lighthouse in our community of Kylertown and the surrounding areas. "Reaching Beyond the Four Walls" is what we as a Church feel the Lord has commissioned us to do. We are able to accomplish this by supporting missionaries and ministering to those in need. We give the Lord the glory, honor, and praise for all that He is accomplishing within Messiah Baptist Church.
Kylertown, PA is a small town located in rural eastern Clearfield County- 10 miles north of Philipsburg, PA and 30 miles northwest of State College, PA.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of the church's spiritual and pastoral ministry
- Preach and teach the Word of God during weekly worship services (Sunday school, Sunday morning and evening services, and Wednesday evening prayer meeting) and other church gatherings
- Provide pastoral care, counseling, and support to individuals and families in need
- Mentor and disciple church members, helping them grow in their faith
- Plan and organize events, programs, and activities to foster community and spiritual growth
- Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, and Communion
- Collaborate with church staff and leaders to develop and implement the church's vision and mission
- Ordained or licensed as a pastor or minister
- Strong biblical knowledge and theological understanding
- Experience in mentoring, event planning, crisis management, crisis intervention, conflict management, and Christian counseling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and age groups
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, qualifications, or benefits.
Paid time off