1. Preach God's Word at all levels of understanding.
2. Equip the church for the work of ministry through biblical teaching, with the goal of maturing the
saints and increasing their understanding of spiritual matters. Ephesians 4:12-16
3. Give guidance in all areas of need.
4. Regular visitation along with the Elders and congregation, to the entire church family and
community when needed, for the purpose of Christian care and evangelism.
5. Promote youth activities.
6. Help administer church programs, and delegate responsibility to others to help.
7. Be available for counseling for anyone in need.
8. Be mindful of the spiritual needs of the community.
9. Take time to meet the needs of his own family.
10. Take time for inspirational and educational meetings.
11. Show enthusiasm for the work of the church and its program.
12. Shepherd the flock of God by example and exhortation as a reminder of the eternal reward of a life
of loyal obedience. 1 Peter 5:1-4