The P.S. to the Lead Pastor is responsible for providing communication and logistical support to the Lead Pastor. The primary function of this roll will be responding to communications on behalf of the Lead Pastor, proof-reading/editing documents created by the pastor, making travel arrangements as needed, managing the Lead Pastor's Meetings calendar, and maintaining member communications flows as assigned. Secondary duties will include communicating Pastor's calendar and resource needs to the Minister of Operations, making calls on behalf of the church, and providing office coverage for walk-ins and phone calls.
The position will direct report to the Lead Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor. He/she will also work closely with the Minister of Operations, who oversees the church administration, liabilities, and inter-ministry communications/procedures.
* Receive and make calls/email on behalf of the Lead Pastor. Use the CRM to record notes and important information regarding members.
* Keep the Lead Pastor informed of member needs such as engagements, deaths, illness, etc
* Keep accurate calendaring of the Lead Pastors time off, out of office work, and events.
* Send updates and reminders to the Lead Pastor
* Keep physical copies of DNA Course materials, sermon notes, and other documents as requested.
* Order and/or pick up meals for meetings involving the lead pastor.
* Order and maintain supplies needed by the Lead Pastor.
* Make travel arrangements for the lead pastor/ other staff ministry-related travel.
* Prepare and maintain mailing lists for the church. Send routine letters/documents on behalf of the Lead Pastor.
* Transcribe, take dictation, proofread, and/or edit documents created by the Lead Pastor.
* Perform general office work under the supervision of the Minister of Operations
* Other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.