Church of Southland ("COS"), a member of Acts Ministries International, is based in Anaheim, California, serving the greater southern California community for over 20 years. Our vision is to join God in His global redemptive work by serving this generation by the power of the Holy Spirit. Our three core values are: we are Word-based and Holy Spirit-driven; we are focused on evangelism and missions; and we believe that every believer is a minister.
- Sunday weekly attendees across 3 services: 1,100 adults and close to 500 children
- 120 small groups meeting weekly ("Cell Church"); each small group consists of 5 - 8 people on average
- 30 church staff, 10 elders, and 120 deacons.
Job Title: SENIOR PASTOR/HEAD OF STAFF/CHAIR OF ELDER BOARD
The Senior Pastor will:
- Provide primary leadership for the Church of Southland (COS)
- Affirm without exception or reservation the Vision, Core Values, and Statement of Faith as stated
- Biblically word based
- Belief in present day working of the Holy Spirit
- Mission and church planting focused
- Be a visionary leader, equipping the church and its people to fulfill the Great Commission and to live out COS' commitment to be a missionary for Jesus Christ to the world.
- Identify, equip, and encourage leaders in COS's congregation.
- Acknowledge that their work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by
Scripture, and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father.
As a member of the Elder Board, and as an overseer/shepherd, the Senior Pastor will provide
Biblical direction and leadership so that members are built up in faith and maturity to become
more like Christ.
- Collaborate and plan as a member pastor of Acts Ministries International (AMI). As a servant
leader, work with AMI pastors and the AMI community of churches, representing COS. For more information visit: http://amichurches.com/
- Loves the Lord, our God, with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength and be a follower of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Love the Church and its people.
- Is a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ with well-established patterns of personal prayer and Bible
- Strong, disciplined and effective prayer life.
- Live a life above reproach in spiritual maturity, honesty, integrity, and personal holiness in accordance with the biblical scripture
- Displays a passion for studying, learning, teaching, and preaching God's word to build up Christ's body
- Shares the Gospel regularly while encouraging and equipping others to do the same
- Committed to discipleship, desiring that believers continually mature in their relationship with
- Has strong gifts of leadership, teaching, and administration
- Relates well to others - truly enjoys and connects well with people
- Teachable heart, humble attitude, flexible and adaptable
- Provide visionary leadership for COS's interaction with the community and the world.
- Direct, lead, encourage, and equip pastoral staff, ministry leads, Deacons, Zone and Cell
- Functions as lead preaching/teaching pastor who dynamically communicates the Word of God through expository preaching and practical application
- Present God's word to provide spiritual growth and direction for COS members and attendees, in both the pulpit and classroom.
- Has overall responsibility for public worship services.
- Lead the Elder Board and also be accountable to the Elder Board.
- Leads staff meetings and shepherds the staff, providing servant leadership training and
modeling collaborative team-building skills
- Provides leadership to organize and develop the ministries of Church of Southland and
oversees training ministry leaders to implement ministry objectives
Skills & Experience:
- Must be ordained pastor for 10- 15 years with a minimum of 5+ years as a Senior Pastor who has demonstrated faithfulness in pastoral leadership.
- Missions related experience preferred
- Desire to put live and serve in the southern California area and minister at Church of Southland
- Ability to faithfully shepherd a large congregation with biblically-rooted, holy spirit anointed
transformational messages. (Because proven preaching/teaching ability is a firm requirement,
the candidate must have multiple video/online samples available for review)
- A proven disciple-maker, who has created and nurtured a culture of discipleship wherever they have ministered
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) degree from an accredited seminary.