Senior Pastor Principal Function:
The Senior Pastor of Trinity Baptist Church must meet the requirements found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and be committed to continual growth in his relationship with Jesus and his fellow believers. Surrendered to the Holy Spirit, he will seek wisdom and discernment for leadership in his home, public, and private life. He will provide the church with tools for spiritual formation. He will equip and encourage spiritual leaders to join him in serving the congregation and the wider Healdsburg community through evangelism and edification. He must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message and Baptist distinctives, accepting the Holy Bible as the sole authority for faith. Through nurturing genuine relationships and developing godly leadership, the Senior Pastor will encourage all believers to live as devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and pastoral care of church members, staff, and volunteers toward the accomplishment of the church's mission and values. He will oversee all ministry areas with the support of church staff and ministry leaders. The Senior Pastor will lead in, or supervise, the church's short and long-term strategic planning. The Senior Pastor will report to the Deacon Body, whose members are responsible for offering him prayerful support, help, encouragement and accountability as they work together to serve the church body.
1. Train and equip members of the church for ministry.
2. Give oversight and management of church staff.
3. Meet regularly with the Deacons and give overall leadership and direction to the church body.
4. Develop a master plan for growth to include mission, values, and goals.
5. Be involved in the Southern Baptist Convention and communicate SBC matters to the church body.
6. Resolve church conflict when needed.
7. Develop and implement a plan for evangelism and church outreach.
8. Supportive of our Hispanic Ministry and Pastor.
9. Supportive of our Saturday food outreach program.
10. Conduct wedding ceremonies and funeral services as needed.
11. Serve as the moderator at church business meetings.
12. Serve on the church council.
13. Plan and coordinate church services.
Please submit the following with your application:
1. A current resume.
2. Three references who have seen you serve in ministry and can share your
giftedness and call to ministry.
3. Videos of recent preaching and or teaching. i.e. – site reference
4. Share a paragraph of why you feel called to serve as our Senior Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church.
Salary and benefits: Upon request
Please submit to: Trinity Baptist Church
C/O – Maggie Bates
515 Powell Ave.
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Maggie Phone: 707-291-1993
Or Email Maggie @ email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Senior Pastor position at Trinity Baptist Church in Healdsburg, California. Please be in prayer as you complete this application and throughout the selection process. We are praying for you and your family as we process applications, interview potential candidates and select the leader God has already chosen and prepared to step into this leadership position. To God be the glory, honor and praise!
1. Minimum of a Master's Degree in Theology or working towards a Master's Degree.
2. Ordained to the gospel ministry or willing to be ordained.
3. 3-5 years of experience as an Associate or Senior Pastor.
4. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience preaching and teaching the Word of God.
5. Confident in discretion in giving biblical counseling or a willingness to refer if needed.
6. Demonstrate administrative skills.
7. Trained in church revitalization or a willingness to be trained.
8. Able to live in the area.