We are seeking to hire a full-time pastor that will serve alongside the elders and deacon board. The pastor shall be responsible for preaching, teaching, overseeing evangelistic efforts and provide leadership to equip and encourage the congregation for continued service in the Lord.
- Preach and teach the Word of God faithfully, communicating it to the congregation in love.
- Work with the leadership of the church to provide spiritual oversight of the church's ministry
- Work with the leadership of the church to plan and organize evangelistic events
- Work with the church leadership to prayerfully grow and develop strategic goals to
support the mission and vision of the church
- Responsible for the administration of the ordinances of the church, which include
baptism & communion
- Shepherd the body with love and care, seeking their spiritual flourishment
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation as necessary. This includes
hospital visitation, nursing home visits, counseling, weddings and funerals.
- Work with the church leadership to equip the congregation to carry out their
respective functions in the body.
- Responsible for conducting up 4 weekly services as determined by the leadership of
- Salary & Benefits: Negotiable, commensurate with training and experience.
- Housing: Will be provided as part of the compensation.
Please visit the link below and complete the application in order to be considered for this role. Please be prepared to submit your resume along with this application.
Link to job application: https://forms.gle/m5eaXdpyCkfwU44b9
About Rock Church:
We are a conservative evangelical church located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan that exists to proclaim the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ; evangelize the lost; edify the saints, and worship our great God and Savior in spirit and in truth.
In agreement with our statement of faith: https://www.rockchurch.nyc/statement-of-faith Has a calling for full time pastoral ministry recognized by others in the ministry who
are familiar with your way of life & ministry and can serve as references
Meet the qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
Passion for expository preaching and communicating the truth of Scripture to the
Shepherd those within and outside of the faith in order to fulfill the Great
Commission mandate of making disciples
Known for humility and a humble spirit while offering vision and oversight of the
Is capable of careful discernment, guarding the sheep against all that sets itself up
against the knowledge of God as revealed in the Holy Scriptures
Is capable of working alongside other elders and deacons
5 years pastoral experience
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."