About River Pointe and West End Church
River Pointe Church was founded in December of 1996 under Pastor Patrick Kelley, along with his wife Lisa Kelley and four other families. The church grew quickly from living room services, to one of the largest portable churches in the country, to a permanent 96-acre site in Richmond, Texas, perfectly situated near the intersection of two major freeways in one of the most diverse and fastest growing counties in the U.S. The church's continued growth now reaches more than 6,000 in weekly attendance on 3 campuses (Richmond, Missouri City, and West End inside Houston proper, which brought with it our full name River Pointe and West End Church) as well as a prison campus in Rosharon, TX. The community and congregation are racially diverse, and typical of most suburban areas,and has a heavy emphasis on children and youth ministry.
Throughout its history, River Pointe has cultivated a culture that is safe, open, authentic, engaging, and welcoming--- with a commitment to reaching out and relating to others well before they ever believe in Christ.
· Provide dynamic, Bible-based teaching that inspires and challenges the congregation to grow in their faith and transform lives.
· Cast a compelling vision that is culturally relevant and biblically sound that aligns with our mission and values, and work with the staff and Advisory Team (oversight board) to develop strategies and action plans to achieve that vision.
· Lead the church staff of 80 core team members including 14 pastors (+ hundreds more supporting weekend services), providing direction, coaching, and accountability to ensure all ministries and programs benefit from smooth and effective operation.
· Build and maintain influential relationships with church members, community leaders, and partner organizations.
· With the support of the Executive Pastor and Executive Pastor of Ministries, lead the business of the organization including continuation of the church's strong financial solvency, administering significant annual budgets (+$10 million annually), and engaging in real estate and capital expenditure decision making.
Please also apply at: http://rpc.me/jobs
Compensation for this role is competitive, and reflects the high level of responsibility, church size, and skill level required.
RPC|WE believes that a strong benefits package supports the work of our Senior Pastor. To that end, we include the following benefits:
· Health Insurance and HRA
· Dental, Vision and additional benefits
· Generous Employer Contribution to 403(b) retirement account
· Auto or auto allowance
· Generous vacation / paid time off
Living in Richmond, Texas
Richmond offers a comfortable and affordable suburban lifestyle, with great schools, a welcoming community and a healthy local job market, yet only 25 miles from the energy and offerings of Houston. As a rapidly growing suburb, housing choices include new builds in master communities, or historical homes with Texas character.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in successful pastoral ministry, with a track record of leading and growing people.
· Undergraduate degree required. Biblical training required. Masters preferred. Ordination through a denomination preferred.
· A gifted communicator with dynamic teaching skills. Able to connect with diverse audiences and communicate biblical truths compellingly and relevantly.
· An experienced leader with the ability to continue delivering on and developing the current clear and compelling vision of the Church. Contains skills to develop and implement strategies to achieve that vision.
· A proven track record of leading and managing staff and volunteers, with strong organizational, relational and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence with the ability to receive feedback and engage in self-develo