First Baptist Church Wentzville is prayerfully seeking a man called by God to be the full-time Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor is responsible for preaching, teaching, leading a team-based ministry model, communicating vision, counseling, and shepherding. He will play a critical role in the growth, maturity, spirituality, and effectiveness of the church. He will oversee the leadership of the church in conjunction with the leadership team/elders.
- Provide leadership in conjunction with the Leadership Team (Elders), concerning church business, finances, ministry, and spiritual concerns within the body.
- Cast a culturally relevant and biblically sound vision that aligns with FBCW's mission and values.
- Provide the majority of preaching/teaching during worship services that edify, challenge, and encourage the church as well as promote the passionate worship of God.
- Oversee and implement a discipleship pathway to equip members for maturity and biblical understanding.
- Give himself to prayer and the ministry of the Word.
- Lead the congregation to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Equip members to be missionaries in our local community and beyond.
- Equip and encourage the congregation to identify and cultivate their spiritual gifts to serve the Lord.
- Oversee the supervision of paid church staff.
- Guard, protect, and discipline the flock.
- Conduct counseling, hospital visits, pray for and encourage the sick.
- Identify and develop gifted teachers of the Word.
- Coordinate the administration of the ordinances (believer's baptism and communion) and other life events (funerals and weddings).
- See to the appointment of deacons and provide them guidance.
- Cooperate with local, associational, and state leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
The city of Wentzville, with a population over 40,000, has been the fastest growing city in Missouri, by percentage population increase, for two consecutive decades from 2000 to 2020. Located just 40 miles west of St. Louis, Wentzville residents enjoy the suburban lifestyle while benefitting from the proximity to world-class medical institutions, universities, and entertainment. The highly rated Wentzville School District has been the fastest growing school district in Missouri for the past 20 years. With excellent schools, both public and private, churches, parks, and clubs, Wentzville is still a quiet, pleasant, peaceful community, rich in history and identity.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com