The First Presbyterian Church of Brawley, California is seeking a Solo Pastor to lead a multi-generational congregation that values spiritual growth and all levels of mission work. We are a family called by God to expand Christ's kingdom through service, stewardship and spiritual growth.
The Pastor leads the congregation in life and worship supervising a small staff and moderating the Session with a focus on:
- Worship and Spiritual Development: As a Solo Pastor, lead our church in worship by delivering thought provoking sermons which motivate our members.
- Pastoral Care: In collaboration with the Session, Deacons and Ministry Teams, participate in compassionate and empathetic pastoral care to all members.
- Strategic Leadership: Lead the congregation in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Administration: Supervise, develop and nurture positive working relationships with staff.
- Governance: Work with the Session in the administration of the church's affairs as moderator of Session and maintaining relationships with the San Diego Presbytery.
- Finance: Work with the Session to manage the church resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Church Life: Actively participate in the life of the church while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Our vision for ministry is to be a discipling and faith-forming church for children, youth, and adults, nurturing a thirst to know God's Word and desire to serve in each member. Established in 1903, our church has a rich history of multi-generational roots and participation. We strive to demonstrate Christian values through worship, study, fellowship and service. We also strive to be an inclusive, warm, and welcoming congregation that grows together spiritually.
- Is a passionate, Spirit filled, gifted and biblically/theologically grounded proclaimer of God's Word
- Skilled in pastoral care and counseling
- The ability to positively relate to all ages—adults, youth and children
- Administrative gifts to partner with and supervise program and office staff
- Work collaboratively with Session Elders and Deacons in their respective ministries and encourage and facilitate leadership training
- Be empathetic and compassionate with the ability to offer comfort to our congregation
- Have good communication skills
- Be responsible, reliable and organized
- Be energetic, outgoing and friendly