SEE VIDEO & MORE AT https://www.mynewhope.tv/studentpastor
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Weekly Attendance: 250
Denomination: Converge Worldwide
Location: Wooster, Ohio
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
New Hope is a healthy church in all areas, financially, team moral, clarity of vision, and unified mission. We are currently seeing growth in attendance, discipleship, and leadership development. Because of the growth, we are looking for the right person to help us grow in two key ministry areas: Students & Worship. This role will also remove a growth barrier and free our leadership team to them focus on their specific giftedness and ministry.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Wooster has a population of 27,000 and and is the principal municipality of Wayne County (pop. 116K). According to our demographic research there are nearly 78,000 that do not attend church on a regular basis. This is our heartbeat... to reach those 78K with the message of the gospel.
Wooster and Wayne County is the home to many great public and privately held corporations, including Smuckers, Schaeffler (Luk), Artiflex, Frito-lay, Wooster Brush, and more. Wayne County is the home of three college/university campuses including the College of Wooster, Ohio State University ATI, and Wayne College (Akron University).
Ohio Magazine chose Wooster as one of its 12th annual Best Hometowns because of its strong sense of_noemailmunity, access to arts and culture and thriving downtown with a host of shops and restaurants that draw residents and visitors alike. Wooster is a great town to raise a family with a strong sense of_noemailmunity. It has a small town feel with big city amenities. Wooster is conveniently located 1hr from Cleveland, 1.5hr from Columbus, 30min to Akron/Canton and Mansfield.
IN A SENTENCE:
The goal of this position is to create excellent environments for students (6th-12th grade) to grow in foundational truths, helping them experience God's presence through discipleship, and create engaging worship for Sunday gatherings.
A. Student Ministries (75%)
1. Create and lead a system to build and reproduce adult and student leaders
2. Find or create a curriculum to lead students towards a love for God's Word
3. Build relationships and partner with key youth programs and schools in area
4. Give leadership and oversight to all Student Ministries gatherings
5. Plan and implement special events or outreaches throughout the year
B. Worship Ministry (25%)
1. Learn & develop skills in worship programming & technology including Lights, Projection, & Sound
2. Lead or Co-lead worship during weekend gatherings
3. Lead or Co-lead worship during student ministry gatherings
4. Lead worship rehearsals & huddles on Sunday morning or other times as needed
5. Develop volunteers, build teams and maintain schedules
- Preparing for Wednesday Student ministries: Messages, worship, games, & groups
- Weekly worship planning for Weekend Gatherings & Wed. Student Ministries
- Prepare for gatherings using Planning Center
- Schedule Volunteers
- Make sure A/V systems are ready
- Meet with and invest in student leaders
- Leads Worship rehearsal
- Runs gathering walk-thru
- Problem solves issues and last minute details
- Leads all aspects of worship gathering flow
APPLICATION DETAILS. TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, application, and video/audio* of worship leading and teaching to...
OR MAIL TO:
New Hope Church
ATTN: Student Pastor / Worship Leader Position
969 Blachleyville Rd. Wooster, OH 44691
*Audio/Video of you leading worship required to be considered.