Category: Youth Ministry
Time Type: Full Time
Location: Plano, Texas
Attendance: 1240 in person | 740 online
For additional info and to apply directly: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/rukesgroup/job/mbng5wzwxsy83egyuy8e53w3aa
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
The Director of Student Ministry leads all aspects of the Student Ministry and focuses on equipping staff and students to accomplish the overall goals and vision of the ministry. This role is a prioritized role for St. Andrew. It is strategic and well resourced. The student ministry space is brand new and was created specifically for students and their friends to hang out, learn, and grow! The Student Ministry Director leads a team of 4 student staff.
- Cast a vision for the Student Ministry which serves the larger vision of Connectional Ministries and St. Andrew as a whole. This vision will involve a year-over-year strategy for comprehensive faith development and spiritual growth of middle school, high school, and college students.
- Prepare students to graduate high school and enter the next phases of their life equipped to engage the world with a foundational faith and relationship with Christ.
- Coordinate with both the Students Team and Events Team to plan trips and events during the year including, but not limited to: Confirmation Family Retreat, Middle School Spring Retreat, Mission Trip, Camp Impact, Ski Trip. This includes creating the trip messaging and theme, developing cohesive trip programming, recruiting adult volunteers, reviewing contracts, and being the primary contact on trips.
- Oversee all aspects of the Middle School and High School age Sunday School classes, including working with the Sunday School teachers and adult volunteers, recruiting new lay volunteers, and ensuring the messaging and curriculum is effective and engaging for students.
- Oversee content creation for curriculum and student worship.
- Focus on the overall discipleship of the Student Ministry and make sure that students of any spiritual depth are feeling challenged and encouraged in their faith journey. The discipleship will focus on both growing the number of students impacted by the ministry, while also deepening the faith of each student along the way.
- Create opportunities for students to lead and serve and use their gifts to strengthen the student ministry along with their personal ministry.
-Oversee all administrative functions of the Student Ministry office including and not limited to; reconciling expense reports for all major trips and events, reviewing monthly budget reports, approving the purchase of supplies and equipment for program functions.
- Lead team meetings for the Student Department which involve dreaming, planning, and executing ministry programs.
- Develop strong relationships with parents of the church.
- Develop a Parent Council periodically to schedule, plan, and carry out any major student ministry program changes. This includes delegating appropriate responsibilities to members of the Parent Advisory Council to carry out parts of those plans.
- Alongside the pastor of adult ministries and the connectional ministry leadership team, create and maintain ministry programs aimed at college students for the purposes of inviting students to be summer interns, engage students with the church during college breaks, and maintain relationships with those students during their education.
- Assist in the development of a young adult ministry which builds the bridge from college to young professional life as those students enter the workforce and engage their faith in a new way.
Additional Weekly Responsibilities:
- Meet with Connectional ministry team, and church ministry staff to ensure proper planning of student ministry and other departments of the church
- Attend all Student Ministry programming including Sunday School, 412, Lighthouse.
- Meet with the Student Ministry staff individually to ensure that each staff member feels encouraged and able to carry out their ministry goals.
- Maintain active and open consistent lines of lines of weekly communication with parents and students through weekly lunches and breakfasts, weekly email messages and social media outlets.
- Engage with students outside of the church throughout the week at games, concerts, and school bible study groups like FCA.
Supervises the Student Ministry team of 4 in addition to the summer interns.
To apply directly: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/rukesgroup/job/mbng5wzwxsy83egyuy8e53w3aa