1. Must be passionate about evangelism.
2. Must be passionate about discipleship and invested in his/her own spiritual growth through personal Bible study, prayer, serving, etc.
3. Must be capable of speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15) and should not be prone to arguments, disputes, divisions, and anger. He/she should excel at reconciliation, patience, and peace making.
4. Must align with the vision and mission of FBCO and with our statement of faith (see the Baptist Faith and Message 2000).
5. Must be willing to partner with the senior pastor in prayer, vision, and shepherding oversight.
6. Must be a positive team player, not just in worship ministry, but as a part of the larger staff and leadership team.
7. Must be willing to assist in additional areas not mentioned below, as needed by the senior pastor and church body.
8. Must be musically proficient (understands music and has the ability to lead in singing or by playing an instrument).