COTC Worship Leader
The Worship Leader will be an effective Spirit-led musician, vocalist, and team builder. The role requires one who is able to work closely and effectively with the Lead Pastor to plan worship services that both glorify God and maximize the congregation's ability to engage in authentic worship. The Worship Leader must have significant experience with a broad range of worship music genres from the classic hymns to the many styles of current and contemporary worship. The role requires a person who can artfully blend the old and new and help a multi-generational congregation to richly worship the God of Heaven and Earth.
Part-time Position 20 hours weekly
Salary Range: $24,000 to $30,000 to commensurate with level of experience.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
1. A demonstrable, uncontainable love for and witness to Jesus Christ.
2. Proficiency in at least one of the following instruments (Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, or Violin).
3. An ability to design, facilitate, and execute a plan of leading a multi-generational church into the worship experience during weekly Sunday morning services, holidays, and special events.
4. An ability to lead, equip, and increase the musicality of a multi-generational Worship Team of volunteers.
5. Proficiency in Pro-Presenter, Keynote, Planning Center, CCLI, YouTube/Vimeo, and/or other worship centered applications. Experience in Praisecharts and an Apple-centric environment is preferred but not required.
6. An engaging and pursuing pastoral heart that is sensitive to the needs and responsiveness of the congregation in worship.
7. A flexible, humble, and authentic desire to collaborate with the Lead Pastor, the pastoral staff team, and the Creative Team in order to fulfill the vision of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, design a weekly Sunday morning worship experience including songs and occasional liturgies. Also, as time permits, occasionally participate in and support the worship needs of the Children, Youth, Young Adult, and Senior ministries.
2. Oversee, schedule, and maintain a Worship Team that provides vocal, instrumental, sound and light technology, slides presentation, and other multi-media support in conducting weekly worship services and other periodic special services.
3. Conduct regular Worship Team rehearsals and training as needed.
4. Oversee and facilitate preparations for periodic themes and holidays in terms of media and décor for stage, sanctuary, and foyer designs with the collaboration of Lead Pastor and Creative Team.
5. Enthusiastically contribute to weekly Pastoral Staff and Creative meetings.