Position:Part-Time Worship Leader; Reports to the Lead Pastor
Description:The primary focus of this part-time salaried position (approximately 20 to 25 hours a week) is to plan, coordinate, and lead weekly worship services to help Southview accomplish its mission of seeing people far from God be raised to new life in Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will recruit, invest in, and lead a team of musicians in weekly Sunday morning services designed to draw the congregation in and encourage participation in a worship experience.
Worship Leader Responsibilities:
- Select music for Sunday worship services (coordinating with each week's sermon or series)
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team
- Actively recruit, train, schedule, and disciple worship team volunteers
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special church worship services (e.g., Christmas Eve)
- Build services using Planning Center
- Ensure an environment of excellence at each service, in partnership with the production (sound, media, video, and lighting) team
- Manage all worship-related income and expenditures.
- Good to excellent vocal ability
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency on guitar or keyboard (preferably both)
- Ability to read music (playing by ear is a plus)
- Ability to pray and comment appropriately during worship transitions
- Experience leading and teaching an eclectic group of musicians
- Experience leading a multi-generational congregation in worship
- Proficiency with basic sound, lighting, ProPresenter, and video production equipment and methodology
- Knowledge of best practices in worship service design, modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for worship settings.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Teachable spirit
- Strong relationship skills with individuals and teams
- High levels of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listen effectively and resolve conflicts in a God-honoring manner.
For more information, send a resume and video sample of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org