Part-Time Exempt, 25-30hrs/wk + Special Events
$30,000/year Salary + stipend for Special Events
Mission: The Youth Director exists to serve the church by:
1. Providing Junior Highers and High Schoolers, and a fun, safe, and supportive place for their age group and their peers through weekly small groups.
2. Leading these age groups using the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20:
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
3. Loving & supporting these age groups through these intense life stages by being focused on Jesus's Command found in John 13:34:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
4. Reaching out to, and supporting, the parents and families of these age groups.
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor.
- Works with Elders and Deacons.
- Shepherding and supporting the people and families of these age groups.
Strong, active, Christian person.
Church Experience, particularly in Youth Ministry, preferred.
Specific Duties (25-30hrs/week):
1. Create, maintain, and grow fun, safe, and supportive midweek age-based small
groups, both spiritually and numerically.
2. Administrate groups in ways that are fun and support each age group's life stage,
with the primary focus always on their spiritual growth.
3. Have a vision for spiritual growth steps at each age group transition from child to JH
to HS to YA and on.
4. Have all staff, including self, life screened/background checked and on file.
5. Actively recruit, help complete background check, train and supervise adult
coleaders for these age groups.
6. Have a vision for adult led mentoring and support for every person in these age
7. Always behave appropriately, with special care given to appropriate interactions with
your oppositely gendered youth and young adult. Train staff to do the same.
8. Participate in the leadership of Special Events (Live Nativity, Summer & Winter
Camps, Christian Concerts, other outings) with stipends paid for weeklong
9. Have a vision for co-laboring in unity with all other ministries and people at MHCC to
create an environment all people – attendees and staff - can spiritually grow and
10. Regularly attend Sunday worship services as one of the service leaders.
11. Participate in regular Deacon (Board) meetings.
12. Other duties as they arise.