TITLE: Youth Ministries Director
PURPOSE: To provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th Ė 12th grade) of Bidwell Presbyterian Church.
SUPERVISION: The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through Personnel and the Youth Ministry Support team (to be developed by the Youth Ministries Director).
STATUS: This is a full-time position with benefits.
Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
Collaboration with staff, elder, and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children's Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops, and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th grade students.
Recruit, equip, and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each sub-program. This includes the following programs and activities:
o mid-week programs
o small-group Bible studies
o Sunday programs
o Trips and special events
Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
1. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
3. Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
1. Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
2. Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
3. Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church's purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement and core values.
4. Clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
5. Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
6. Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
7. A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
8. Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
9. Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management and program