Mount Wolf Community Church (MWCC) is a small community of faith, committed to serving God and loving each other and our neighbors. We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, and experienced Senior Pastor to join and lead our congregation in spiritual growth and service. This position will start as a bi-vocational pastor, but we anticipate the working of the spirit through the pastor to grow Jesus' church and as a result this position will change to a full time senior pastor in God's timing. The ideal candidate will possess strong commitment to teaching from a Biblical perspective with Jesus as his guide. The pastor must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ; a person whose life bears testimony of divine calling and gifts for ministry, and one who joyfully accepts his responsibility convinced of God's leadership and the enthusiastic affirmation of the church. Along with this the senior pastor will be committed to the community and serving their needs; possess excellent leadership skills, and excellent communication abilities, and have a deep commitment to the ministry. He will lead the church in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Senior Pastor Responsibilities
* Provide spiritual leadership to the congregation, fostering a culture of faith, love, and service.
* Develop and deliver engaging, biblically based weekly sermons during worship services, as well as on special occasions and events.
* Plan and lead services, with help from the Deacons and Guidance of the Holy Spirit.
* Provide pastoral care for members of the congregation, including visiting the sick, counseling those in need, and offering support during times of crisis.
* Facilitate and encourage spiritual growth and discipleship through the development of small group ministries, Bible studies, and other educational programs.
* Work with church deacons and staff to establish and execute a vision and strategic plan for the church's growth and leadership development.
* Engage and build relationships within the local community, participating in outreach and mission activities, and collaborating with other organizations to address community needs.
* Oversee the administration and management of church operations, including budgeting, financial planning, and personnel management in the church office.
* Mentor, supervise, and support church staff and volunteers, fostering a positive, collaborative work environment with robust leadership development.
* Perform other pastoral duties, including weddings, funerals, baptisms, and dedications, as required.
Senior Pastor Qualifications
* Biblical Qualifications as defined in 1 Timothy 3:17; Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
* A deep commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
* A deep understanding of and commitment to the Bible.
* Agree with and adhere to the doctrinal statement of MWCC.
* Preferred a 4-year degree with seminary training.
* Shall be an ordained minister.
* Preferred pastoral experience in a similar leadership role, with a proven track record of effective leadership, in ministry (or other program) development, and community outreach.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to connect with a diverse group of people and adapt to various ministry contexts.
* Strong skills as a servant leader. Has a passion for empowering others and fostering a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Leadership style is characterized more by influence and persuasion than by control and coercion.
* A heart for pastoral care and the ability to provide compassionate and empathetic support to congregation members in times of need.
To apply, please submit the following documents electronically to email@example.com
* Please attach a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your current resume or CV, detailing your education, experience, and accomplishments.
* Please also attach a statement of faith, describing your personal faith journey and theological beliefs. If available, please include a link to a sermon that you have given.
If you cannot email your response, you can send it to our address.
Mount Wolf Community Church
Pastoral Search Committee
PO Box 340
Mount Wolf, PA 17347
We thank all applicants for their interest.