Growing non-profit in Newark, NJ is looking to add a bookkeeper to its team. Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Record cash receipts and prepare bank deposits.
2. Maintain the petty cash account of the company.
3. Enter invoices into accounting software.
4. Communicates with vendors re payment status, invoice discrepancies, etc.
5. Creates checks to pay invoices.
6. Maintains the general ledger by posting journal entries.
7. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
8. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
9. Assemble information to provide to external auditors for the annual financial audit.
10. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
1. Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent certification/experience.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
3. Knowledge of Financial Edge Software a plus
4. Demonstrates an understanding of and embraces the vision of the company.