Bethany United Methodist Church
Time Type: Full Time
The Technical Arts Associate is responsible for providing leadership, management and direction for all aspects of technical arts and production at Bethany. Reporting directly to the Director of Music and Worship, this position works with pastors, staff and volunteers to make our weekend worship services and seasonal productions excellent.
- Passionate about seeing Jesus Christ change lives.
- Servant-hearted in a behind-the-scenes role, while strongly leading volunteer teams.
- Creative communicator, skilled at producing inspirational media productions.
- Adept at leading volunteers, including providing training, scheduling, managing, training leaders and making disciples.
- A self-starter and thinker, while working well within a team environment.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable of professional audio, video, and lighting.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds or more and climbing stairs.
- Produce original worship clips, interviews, announcement videos, etc.
- Design coordinated visual elements (screen graphics, bulletin cover, lighting, etc.) for the weekend worship services.
- Prepare songs lyrics, sermon notes and other media for projection.
- Direct the execution of weekend worship services and seasonal productions.
- Support music teams by staffing rehearsals (audio, lyric projection).
- Train volunteers, building and shepherding teams to lead in all aspects of production (filming, editing, designing, executing).
- Maintain all audio/video/lighting equipment used.
- Manage budget and make recommendations for the purchase of new equipment and technology.
- Work with church staff to support requested media and technical needs.
- Assist in other church-wide needs and activities when needed.
- Serve in the evenings (1-3 evenings per week), on weekends and holidays (Christmas Eve, Easter) as required by the worship schedule.
Required Technical Experience and Skills
- Higher education, specifically in media or audio discipline(s).
- Extensive experience working with digital audio consoles.
- Broadcast video experience and/or audio engineering a plus.
- High level of lighting creativity and knowledge.
- Strong instructing skills to train volunteers and others.
- Proficient in ProPresenter and Adobe Creative Suite.
Required General Experience and Skills
- Competent team player, able to work cooperatively and jointly with staff, ministries, organizations and volunteers.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative.
Please submit resume, salary requirements and links to samples of graphic design, video production, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.