CrossWay Church is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor. He will champion the family equipping ministry: guiding parents to shepherd their children well. He will also be the overall leader of our ministries to children and youth providing coordination and support for the volunteers ministering to our children and youth.
CrossWay Church welcomes any man to apply who believes himself sincerely aligned with the qualifications and job description delineated below.
· above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money, and must manage his household well with all dignity (1 Timothy 3:1-5; Titus 1:6-9).
· He must love the Lord and love his fellow man (Matthew 22:37-39).
· He must work well with others (primarily) the Senior Pastor, fellow elders, Small Group Leaders, and Ministry Directors).
· Demonstrate commitment to disciple-making (Matthew 28:19).
· Personality is comfortable in highly relational work responsibilities.
· Not previously divorced or married to a divorcee.
· Aligned with CrossWay's statement of faith (EFCA Statement of Faith) plus CrossWay's constitution.
· Must be theologically committed to divine sovereignty in salvation (Reformed Soteriology) and hold to: believers Baptism, literal 6-day/24-hour creation (young earth), pre-millennial, pre-tribulation eschatology, Cessationism, Complementarianism, subscribes to "Biblical Counseling" as a counseling model, and the Ephesians 4:11-16 mission of the local church.
· He must hold an M.Div, or be in the process of completing one (within one year).
track-record of giftedness in teaching or preaching.
· track record of organizational leadership in working with K-12th and implementing the Family-Equipping Ministry paradigm.
· teaching and shepherding a small group.
1. Shepherding and Teaching (75%)
· the primary teacher to the High School students (9-12th grade), which meets once per week (Sunday nights).
· Be present and engaged in corporate worship (9:10-10:30) followed by review, discussion, and sermon application with the High School students during the following Adult Bible Fellowship hour.
· lead a small group that meets once per week.
· plan and participate in a strategy of outreach complementary to job responsibilities.
· preach approximately eight times a year.
· assist the Senior Pastor in outreach and visits to the elderly, as well as marital and premarital counseling.
· Identify, encourage, and disciple potential volunteers for Youth ministry.
· Collaborate with other ministry leaders and directors as needed.
2. Strategic Planning and Administrative Duties (25%)
· Work with the Senior Pastor on the practical implementation of the family-equipping ministry paradigm in areas of church life.
· Attend weekly meetings with the Senior Pastor.
· Provide updates, shepherding notes (on students and families), thoughts, and ideas to the Lead Pastor for prayer and discussion.
· Attend bi-monthly elder meetings.
Compensation and Benefits:
Full-Time: 45-50 hours/week (a position requiring ministerial calling and drive)
Salary: TBD. The compensation package is commensurate with experience with the desire to free the wife from seeking employment elsewhere.
Additional Benefits: medical and dental reimbursement, paid two weeks' vacation, holidays, one-week personal leave, and one-week study leave.
This is an exciting and unique ministry opportunity! We welcome only those who fill in the necessary qualifications to apply.
Essential for any consideration of your application:
Provide a cover letter that includes the following:
· Why are you applying for the position?
· Why do you see yourself as a highly qualified applicant for the job?
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.