Principle Function of the Position:
The Associate Pastor for Student and Families is responsible for leading the church to assist parents in their God-given responsibility of providing spiritual training and guidance to their children. Scripture is clear that parents are primarily responsible for their children's training and instruction in the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4) Parents are specifically_noemailmanded to teach God's Word faithfully and diligently to their children. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). Older adults are instructed to be an example and teach younger adults to walk in the ways of God so that the message of God would not be slandered. (Titus 2)
Therefore, the Associate Pastor for Student and Families is responsible for developing resources, in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and supporting leadership volunteers, purposed for the discipleship of students and parents in the church and_noemailmunity.
The Associate Pastor for Student and Families will work with the Senior Pastor, staff, and other volunteer leaders of the church to ensure that all ministries under the charge of the Associate Pastor for Student and Families are consistent with the church purpose of demonstrating CONCERN for all people; CONNECTING them to Christ's church, and leading them to be COMPLETE in Christ.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
1. A spiritually mature and maturing disciple of Jesus Christ who meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. Preferably a married man with children.
3. Doctrinal agreement with a Southern Baptist Church.
4. Must have a Bachelor's degree in family ministry or youth ministry or related field (Master's degree preferred) from an accredited college or seminary, or_noemailmensurate experience.
5. Minimum of 3 years church staff experience in family ministry or youth ministry field.
6. Must be a team player who enjoys collaborative decision making, a highly relational staff culture, robust discussion, and consistent evaluation of ministry to determine areas of improvement.
7. Must be capable of managing multiple ministries simultaneously.
8. Must have a strong preference for equipping and empowering volunteers to do the work of the ministry and a proven track record of developing leaders for ministry.
9. Must be devoted to team leadership concept and able to develop and work with teams.
10. Must have respect for parents and their God-given authority in their children's lives.
11. Must be a disciple maker who is able to train parents in the discipling of their children.
12. Must be able to_noemailmunicate with a broad spectrum of ages in a variety of contexts.
13. Must be able to_noemailmunicate biblical truth to students in an engaging manner.
14. Must have an outgoing personality with strong people skills who can relate to all ages in general and students in particular.
15. Must be able to initiate and maintain key relationships with staff, parents, and students. Must be able to address conflicts directly, gently, and constructively.
16. Must agree to personality assessment prior to hire.
The full job responsibilities are available by going to First Baptist Litchfield's Facebook page and clicking on the notes tab, or by pasting the following link into your browser: https://www.facebook_noemail/notes/10152585330888727/
Please send resumes electronically to: fbclitchfield@gmail_noemail directed to the APSF Search Committee or mail them to: APSF Search Committee, % First Baptist Church, 608 N. Van Buren, Litchfield, IL 62056.