Nursery – 5 th Grade
The Children's Director Shall Commit His/Herself to:
- Develop and follow a discipline of Bible and other devotional study.
- Lead/Oversee Children's Church on Sunday mornings as well as provide Bible based
curriculum; recruit, train and encourage additional volunteers.
- Lead/ Oversee Sunday evening children's programming providing Bible based
curriculum; recruit, train and encourage additional volunteers
- Lead/Oversee Wednesday evening children's program.
- Lead/Oversee and recruit volunteers to conduct a brief summer Bible program for
elementary age children such as Back Yard Bible Club or Vacation Bible School etc.
- Be involved in the ministry of Camp Illiana and encourage parents to involve their
children in summer camp.
- Plan and organize children/family outings to strengthen the fellowship
and community of FCC.
- Plan and organize family friendly service projects that occur as one-time events as well
as ongoing ministries.
- Publicize (social media/website, etc.) special activities for children in the church and
- Ensure that all teaching curriculum used in the children's department is Biblically based.
- Connect with parents so that a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children is
experienced and developed.
- Work with the current staff to innovate additional ministry opportunities.
- Serve as a spiritual leader and resource person in developing and coordinating while
being personally involved in the ministries.
- Service – We are all here to serve to the best of our ability. Sometimes above and
beyond the responsibilities listed on the job description.
We understand that job descriptions are oftentimes very fluid, in that, as the needs of the
children change, so will some of the methods used to lead them in their spiritual growth. Any
changes in methods will be discussed with the Sr. minister and elders to gain their input and
assist in those transitions.
The Children's Director is accountable to Senior Pastor, the Elders of FCC and the congregation
as a whole and as individuals. The needs of the church family in general must be of top priority
with emphasis then placed on the Children's Ministry area.
The Children's Director will keep regular office hours as agreed upon with the elders.
The Children's Director will be expected to attend regular staff meetings. These meetings are
vital to the relationship of the entire church staff and are used for prayer, sharing thoughts,
ideas and information about future church events and ministry opportunities.
There will be an annual performance evaluation that will be completed by the elders, and then
discussed with the Children's Director.
Personal Development and Training:
The Children's Director will be encouraged to seek out seminars and conventions that will
enhance their spiritual and functional abilities. Requests for financial support to attend such
events shall be presented to the elders, and then approved by the church board.
Children's ministry objectives will include:
- Instruction – To disciple children toward a commitment to Jesus Christ which will
influence every area of their lives.
- Fellowship – To build Christian community which produces loyalty,
encouragement and friendship.
- Outreach – To develop opportunities of service within the local church,
community, and the world.
- Leadership – To equip children to take an active part in the ministry of the church.
- Family – To provide children and families with support and resources to strengthen their
commitment to each other and to Jesus Christ.