Children's Ministry Director - Job Description
First Methodist Conroe
SUPERVISOR: Family Pastor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Nursery Director, and Assistant to the Children's Director
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
Responsible for all areas of ministry relating to infants through fifth grade, including:
* Assist Supervising Pastor in setting goals, sharing vision, and preparing for spiritual and numerical growth in the area of Children's Ministry.
* Attend weekly programming, staff, and staff lunch meetings.
* Assist with new hires of staff in nursery and children's ministry, and assist as a witness for dismissals of Day School employees.
OVERSEE CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMING
* Oversee a discipleship-focused nursery and Kid's Worship program on Sunday mornings, except on the first Sunday of the month (First Family Sundays), in which children are encouraged to worship with their families. Occasionally lead the 'Moment with Children' in worship on First Family Sunday.
* Prepare all scripts and media for Large Group and lead the Large Group activities.
* Plan the weekly Small Group lessons for each age group using the current curriculum.
* Ensure all Kids Worship supplies are purchased and available when needed.
* Ensure the children's ministry environment reinforces the current theme.
* Ensure all setup for Sunday morning programming is ready each week.
* Ensure all safety protocols are being followed.
* Provide support as necessary to all ministry areas where children are engaged, such as Children's Choir, Day School, Children's musicals, and occasional mid-week programs.
* Send out weekly lesson plans to leaders and coordinate Sunday morning volunteers.
* Assist with the recruiting and training of new volunteers, including the training of volunteers in FMC's Safe Sanctuary Policy.
* Show regular appreciation to volunteers (verbally and tangibly).
PARTNER WITH PARENTS
* Keep parents up-to-date with important ministry information and announcements.
* Support Family Pastor with connecting, equipping, and resourcing parents.
OUTREACH & FELLOWSHIP EVENTS
* Plan, coordinate and implement Outreach events to families in the community, including Vacation Bible School in the Summer and Trunk-or-Treat in the Fall.
* Plan fellowship opportunities for preteens.
* Collaborate with the Day School Director to develop on-ramps for Day School families to become integrated with the church.
* Attend all Day School Board Meetings as a liaison between the church and Day School and perform mandatory monthly fire drills for the Day School.