Area of Responsibility: Children Birth through Grade 5
The Children's Ministry Director is responsible to lead, oversee, and develop all aspects of ministry to children birth through 5th grade, and their families.
- Coordinate all children's ministry activities, including Sunday morning and special midweek or
week-end classes or events, i.e., Christmas Eve Pageant and VBS.
- Ensure, to the extent possible, a safe environment for children; physically,
emotionally, and spiritually by: developing, evaluating, and maintaining health,
safety and security policies, assure that ministries are sufficiently staffed with
trained and ministry safe volunteers.
- Management of all children's ministry volunteers (i.e., recruiting, training,
scheduling, etc.) Coaching and encouraging leaders
- Create, manage, and take financial responsibility for the children's/family ministry budget.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for: equipment, curriculum materials,
resources, etc. Manage children's ministry supplies and resources.
- Planning and managing the children's ministry calendar.
- Communicate regularly with parents/volunteers regarding schedules, events, changes, etc.
- Inspire, support, equip children in their role as Disciples in Training.
- Give counsel when able or direct them to others more qualified.
- Inspire and train parents how to provide spiritual instruction in the home.
- Build a solid rapport with children, parents, and volunteers enthusiastically.
support the church and its staff.
- Other duties as directed by the Rector.