1. Plan and implement Sunday morning and evening programs, Outreach Programs such as Adventure Week, camp and other events for children
2. Recruit staff who are responsible Christian adults and/ or youth for Sunday morning programs and Outreach programs
3. Oversee the selection and implementation of the curriculum and materials needed for CM programs
4. Provide training opportunities such as regularly schedule programs, seminars, conferences and personal interviews that will ensure competent well-equipped staff and encourage spiritual growth
5. Take part in prayer and scripture reading for spiritual growth as well as other Church activities; (e.g.; Growth Group participation, Seminars, etc.)
1. Communicate with Session through Children's Ministry Elder
2. Prepare and present an annual budget to Session
3. Prepare an annual calendar of events for Children's Ministry
4. Prepare an annual Curriculum calendar
5. Participate as a member of the Children's Ministries Team
6. Provide training for staff regarding emergency procedures; proper safety procedures and ensure volunteers have background checks on file
7. Participate in weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required for the position
8. Perform other duties and tasks as requested and assigned by the Senior Pastor
DISCOVER Jesus by gathering in worship.
FOLLOW Jesus by growing together in growth groups.
LOVE Jesus by giving of ourselves in love for others.
SHARE Jesus by going into our community and beyond to reflect the Good News.
Sierra Pres is part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
1. College-level Early Childhood Education credits or Christian Education degree desired
2. Experience working with children and parents of kindergarten through fifth grade
3. Possess the ability to utilize current media methods such as Web, Facebook and effective use of email.
4. The CMD shall be a Christian and familiar with the "reformed" belief of the Christian faith.
5. Be communicative and flexible and possess a desire for evangelism, a heart for children, and a vision for children's ministries.
6. Be able to motivate and challenge others, be energetic, self-directing and have an encouraging attitude.
7. Possess current CPR training or be willing to be trained.