The Children's Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor and other ministerial staff to oversee, develop, administer, and strengthen the Children's ministry of Living Hope Community Church of Silicon Valley.
Qualifications: The candidate should be a mature Christian and should have a clear sense of God’s call to children ministry. The candidate should be professionally trained in Children’s ministry. The candidate should subscribe to the The Baptist Faith and Message.
• Gifted in teaching and caring for children.
• Pleasant, friendly, good interpersonal skills.
• Creative and energetic.
• 2 years related ministry experiences.
• Received Theological training or is currently working towards a ministry degree in an Accredited Seminary.
Responsibilities: The Children’s Pastor will serve under the direction and supervision of the Senior Pastor or a supervisor assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Provide leadership to the overall development and administration of the children’s ministry. This includes establishing ongoing goals and strategies for the spiritual formation of children and families according to the direction of the church.
• Oversee weekend services and Kids Community Group planning, curriculum reviewing, resourcing, coordination and implementation.
• Provide pastoral care and support for children and their families.
• Preach and teach to children and their parents.
• Envision, recruit and equip volunteer workers to help develop the ministry.
• Oversee the well being of the children at Living Hope.
• Develop, plan and organize outreach programs and activities for children.
• Recruit, train, equip, supervise and care for the leaders of the children’s ministry.
• Attend Pastoral Staff and ministry meetings as needed.
• Assist in other church ministries as needed.